Author Topic: Another rare bird.  (Read 3665 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Another rare bird.
« on: January 27, 2018, 02:10:34 PM »
There is a ASP on G-broker. It is #48 of 100. Comes with all papers, case, mags with round count windows, and buffalo horn grips. STARTING at $5400, but it now at $7800. Lots of bucks but a pretty good deal.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Another rare bird.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »
My coworker's father-in-law passed away a few years ago and I went to the house to check out his gun collection.  I took a bunch of pictures and offered him $1k apiece for two guns I had never heard of, but looked cool. A set of Devels.  A few weeks later I was researching the pics and I realized he had a NIB ASP with all the accessory holsters, 5 mags still in plastic, all the order sheets, etc.  He also had a Fitz Colt and a 22LR Walther PPK in a kit with what looked like a factory suppressor.  I called my coworker back and everything had sold to a dealer.  I missed out on a great deal on some cool guns because I didn't know what they were at the time.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »
My coworker's father-in-law passed away a few years ago and I went to the house to check out his gun collection.  I took a bunch of pictures and offered him $1k apiece for two guns I had never heard of, but looked cool. A set of Devels.  A few weeks later I was researching the pics and I realized he had a NIB ASP with all the accessory holsters, 5 mags still in plastic, all the order sheets, etc.  He also had a Fitz Colt and a 22LR Walther PPK in a kit with what looked like a factory suppressor.  I called my coworker back and everything had sold to a dealer.  I missed out on a great deal on some cool guns because I didn't know what they were at the time.

That is enough to bring tears to your eyes. Those are ALL VERY LIMITED and very expensive.

A friend of mine worked with a guy who's wife committed scucide with a shotgun, she did it right. He was so bummed he didn't want ANYTHING in the house so he gave my friend a Colt Viper like new in box. The Viper was only made for 1-2 years.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
Here is the Gunbroker link so others can easily find the subject of this thread.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/742059240

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
Kevin, actually there are no bids....the Buy now is 7850.  Looks like somebody may have buggered the bottom left grip screw.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:47:23 AM »
Kevin, actually there are no bids....the Buy now is 7850.  Looks like somebody may have buggered the bottom left grip screw.

Sadly that is a VERY common thing. I have seen MANY guns that someone 'buggered' up with a kitchen screwdriver instead of spending $15 for a good gunsmith tool kit from Amazon, E-bay, Brownell's, Midway and many others.

It's still on my watch list. I may be one of the last minute bidders.  ;)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident