Author Topic: Re: WTS R9S and extras (60 rounds shot aprox.)  (Read 2829 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: WTS R9S and extras (60 rounds shot aprox.)
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:53:02 AM »
oh no, I hate to see it and you go ???   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »
Tom,

yes it is a sad day. I honestly don't want to sell the gun, but it appears the only way to get the money to pursue an AR-15.

Since Hurricane Katrina, I've been developing the mental need for a SHTF rifle. The more people I talk to that were affected by the storm, the more i realize the need for something bigger than a .45 ACP in a chaotic situation.

I'd love to keep the pup, as it is very comforting to have a 9mm right in your pocket, but the wife and I are planning on starting a family very soon, and spending a decent sum of money at this time isn't necessarily the best idea with a baby in the near future (hopefully)

Maybe a few years down the road, I might look into the Rohrbaughs again and see what new offerings they have, because i enjoy the pistol. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me at this time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:14:02 PM by dfsutton »
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »
dfsutton,

I have read this thread and understastand your needs and wants.  So I have a suggestion:  don't waste your money on an AR type rifle.  Get a Ruger mini-14 or my personal favorite the Ruger mini-30.  To either one of these rifles add a Mossberg Model 590 and you will have the finest longguns for home and property defense you will ever need and they will cost you less than one new R9.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 12:28:23 AM »
Agree with Mike on his comment; the Rugers are a very
simple and reliable action which is ideal for home protection.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »
DFS:

I wish all the best for you and your wife and your plans for the future,
and I thank you again for your recent service to our country over there in "the sandbox."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:56:04 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »
Well guys,

I'm already starting to have seller's remorse over the possibility of selling the Pup, so I don't think I can do it.

I appreciate all the advice about defense rifles. It has made me realize that i need to do a lot more research into this area before i decide on anything. Thanks.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern