Author Topic: Wtb boberg...  (Read 12246 times)

Offline tattoo

• Master
Wtb boberg...
« on: January 27, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
Figured it was worth a shot....looking for a xrs45 or xrs9....thanks Mickey

Offline jm17

Re: Wtb boberg...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
Just saw an xrs9 today. It was for sale at Cabelas in Bristol. Va.. I think it was $999. Pretty sure it was new. If you contact them they can give you info and possibly pictures.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
There are 15 for sale currently on GunBroker.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:13 PM »
Bobergs are very unique; people either love them or hate them--not much middle ground.

Offline cooperr1234

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:10 PM »
Buy one you wont regret it ! and Arne Boberg is a great guy, he usually responds to all questions in a timely manner. When I had my Rohrbaugh the customer service always sucked !

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:43:21 PM »
You aware Bond Arms purchased Boberg last November?    Will be interesting to see whether their pistols will be as good as the ones Arne made. (They do make a very good derringer).   

production is supposed to ramp up over the next few months---supplies might be a bit tight until then

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
When I had my Rohrbaugh the customer service always sucked !

I think that that statement is insulting. It is insulting to Eric and Karl. I only know Eric, who is a gentleman and a class act of a person. I'm sure his brother is the same. Maria, who was in Customer Service, always gave 110%, even to some of the crudest people with no class. The majority of the members I have communicated with in this forum are professional, caring people with a common love of of Rohrbaughs. If this is how you feel about the Rohrbaugh Company and its customer service, why are you on this Forum?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 10:15:50 PM »
Buy one you wont regret it ! and Arne Boberg is a great guy, he usually responds to all questions in a timely manner. When I had my Rohrbaugh the customer service always sucked !

Arne has not worked at Boberg for over a year.  He and his wife split and they were both very active in the company so he left and remarried.

In my opinion, Arne was the Company.  He hand built the first XR45 with the reverse feed mechanism and the first magazine he made by hand fired through it.

I hope Bond does well with it, but it  was Arne's dream and not theirs so we will see.

Offline cooperr1234

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:07:19 PM »
My comment should not be insulting to anyone at all. My comment was my personal experience. Whenever I tired contacting the company because of an issue I had with one of my Rohrbaughs I never got the customer service I felt I deserved. I had to be the one to always follow up and Maria although sometimes answered the phone would do just that and promise a call back which never happened. So again you or anyone else should not feel insulted because again it was my personal encounter with the company.

Also, if you look back to when the company was in the process of being sold there were a lot of negative comments here on this very forum regarding the cooperation and lack of customer service that was given at that time.

As far as Boberg, yes he sold or did whatever he did with Boberg Arms, but he still answered his emails regarding questions anyone had about the firearms he created. I bet if I emailed him today he would answer my email with an option to my question. He stands behind his work and even though not the owner anymore would still answer questions.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »
I can sympathize with this. As many of you know, I used to answer all calls and emails early on. My brother and Maria felt I should not be allowed to speak with customers any longer for reasons I won't go into even here and now, and so, Maria became the voice of Rohrbaugh. I never liked that decision by them to do that to me and I saw much distain for that decision online, which I was never allowed to correct, and actually saw a decline because of it. Now that the company has been sold and I am retired, I can voice my disapproval of that marketing move by "my peers". I thank all of you who have supported me, our company and our family name. It is a shame I was "silenced" during our run. A few business decisions would have been different if my voice was heard in a better light. . . . . it was not to be. . . . . but alas ~ That was then. . . . . and this is now. My other art-form is calling me back at this point in my life. . . . . and that art-form is music.

Peace

ecr
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:20:21 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 06:53:47 AM »
  Wow!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
It takes a big man to post a statement like that which is far more gracious than a mea culpa. Indirectly, I was aware of the policy because I could only talk to Maria and sometimes through her with Eric or Karl. In any case all issues I had with my R9 were resolved to my full expectations and more. Honesty is always the best policy but it isn't necessarily consistent with effective salesmanship techniques. Thank you, Eric, for all you did for me.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:07:51 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:39:55 PM »
When I had my Rohrbaugh the customer service always sucked !

I think the problem with your statement is the vagueness of the time period and the word: "always."  My wife often reminds me that it is seldom fair to characterize someone's poor behavior as "always," and is usually just mean spirited.  Besides, I don't ALWAYS forget to put the trash out!   ;)

Rohrbaugh was a small company with its ups and downs, but there are many stories of fantastic customer service.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:36:00 PM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 02:19:59 PM »

I agree, Duane; the other problem I had with it was the crude and unrefined way it was stated, which is not the usual norm on this forum. There are many members here who have quite a command of the English language but this wasn't one of them.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 07:12:31 AM »
  Eric,
  I am not going to make any comments one way or the other regarding this past issue these last few days,except,I give you a world of credit for saying what you did in your comment.
     And as I have said before,that's another reason why Duane is the administrator here.He seems to have a way of addressing both sides,without anyone losing face.
                                                                                                                          johnny