Author Topic: Kahr P45  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
Kahr P45
« on: September 10, 2005, 10:28:28 PM »

I hear tell:

The Gun Stores around are saying that the New Kahr P45, Starting to Ship to Gun stores at this Time, are going to be one of the Hot Guns on the market. Has anyone else heard this? Or does anyone know anything about Kahr firearms. ???

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Kahr P45
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:45:24 PM »
The 9MM Kahr I looked at was pretty poorly made -- I saw one before I heard of a Rohrbaugh, and couldn't bring myself to pay 540 for such a poorly finished, and crude feeling pistol -- I lack the knowledge to comment beyond the aesthetics, but I questioned relying on a gun that rough.

Brad
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 10:56:43 AM »
I, for one, will not be buying the P45, or any Kahrs, for that matter. I owned the MK9. I disliked the fact that it didn't have a repeat striker capability and sold it in order to buy my R9.

Now, if Kahr changes their design and adds a repeat striker capability, they'll have me back as a customer very quickly.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 05:51:14 PM »
I was generally pleased with my PM9.

My biggest concern was that it did not seem to be much of a pocket pistol.  It was just too big for me, and felt kind of heavy.  I usually had to resort to a VM-2, rather than the pocket.

The R9S is hardly noticeable.  It even compares fairly well to the P3AT as a "forget it's there"  type of gun.

Bill