Author Topic: R9s on gb  (Read 2575 times)

Offline hedrok

• Expert
R9s on gb
« on: April 07, 2006, 11:14:38 AM »
Just a note of caution....The R9S being sold on GB by Lawdog490 is not listed totally correctly, IMO.  This was the first R9 I purchased and, upon receipt, immediately sent it back.  Tool marks on slide & scratches on trigger guard made this gun totally unacceptable except as a beater....again, IMO.
I do not pretend to be an expert, but there's no way, with the  
knowledge I have of this gun that it is being correctly represented.  In the first listing after its return to Lawdog, he mentioned the scratches and tool marks...the re-list does not.
I would not say anything if the truth were still being told.  I cannot speak as to the mechanics of the gun....only to the appearance which I would use as a guide to condition.
I usually like to mind my own business....sometimes you just shouldn't....Brian

Thanks, Tom.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: R9s on gb
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »
Thanks Brian - the best way to avoid all of that is to buy a new R9 off Tom Watson (Irish Guard Firearms) on the forum.

Dave
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:28:54 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »
MountianMan....I would agree with what you are saying except  that I have now had 9 excellent transactions...buying used firearms based on the word of other persons...2 of them thru this forum....and 1 bad deal.....the one mentioned above.  Additionally, I've purchased 4 holsters...all of which were perfectly described.  I strongly resist lowering the bar to accomodate people who would be less than truthful for whatever reason.  The used gun market could and should be a viable and important part of this industry...we just have to work a little to keep it honest. Without the used market we all loose bigtime.
The reason Tom's name is mentioned is because I asked his advice on this situation and I was thanking him for that advice.
I have since bought 2 R9s's and love them both.   Brian  

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 06:29:47 PM »
Good advice Brian.  
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."