Author Topic: LA. Gov. Blanco orders "SHOOT TO KILL"  (Read 2900 times)

Offline kerrynp5

LA. Gov. Blanco orders "SHOOT TO KILL"
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:29:06 PM »
Sounds grim? No, It's the only effective solution to the problem. No looters stealing food will be harmed  or arrested. The big problem here is armed "Crack addicts". This will cure their addiction. An old saying "You have to crawl over the greedy to get to the needy!"
Not looking very good here, but the police are trying to stay strong and do their job. I think the memory of the sights here will never go away.
                      Kerry

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: LA. Gov. Blanco orders "SHOOT TO KILL&quo
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:47:06 PM »
Kerry, I'm so sorry that this is happening to a great old city. The rule of law and control has been failing now for several years-maybe 10-20 years. It sounds like the parishes and cities around New Orleans knew and saw that happening and could only tighten the control in their areas to keep the over flow of crime and disorder from their areas.

It now seems that the New Orleans community has been living a white lie for quite awhile now. The new leaders, those in charge only, don't know what they are doing and are making poor decisions. After all they only know how to rape the system for their own benefit.

Now the liberal media is trying to say it's Bush's fault. However, all the local and state elected officals are left wing democrates and allowed this to happen. The old statements of can't we all get along and they are just poor, misguided and mis-under stood people has now come back to roost.

The poor police officers try to arrest them and prepare cases and charges against them only to see the grand jury and the new DA sent them free and return them to the streets. Now this savages think they are bullet proof. I'm sure these animals think that New Orleans is theirs and the other folks are not going to be let back in. After all it's pay back.

Sorry, to get on my soap box but I feel better now.  

Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kerrynp5

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »
So true Tom. When all the insurance checks come in, New Orleans will be rebuilt on the same site. New homes, cars, clothes, etc . . . What have we learned?
          Kerry

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 06:22:22 PM »
Most (all) of these gang members have no insurance.  When the working people rebuild with their insurance proceeds -- these same thugs will be in the wings, waiting for an opportunity to take away what they can.

I used to live on the West Bank in the early '90s.  I see from the AP sat. image that it appears the West Bank is not flooded.  I can only imagine what it must be like for those holed up there -- as they deal with the rats jumping from the sinking ship of downtown New Orleans.

Glad I'm not still there.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: LA. Gov. Blanco orders "SHOOT TO KILL&
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 06:51:09 PM »
I suppose the one complaining was dining at the "Ritz'' the week before the hurricane.  The MRE's weren't  up to her Standards.   ::)    The Liberal News Media always seem to find a complainer..    I bet she was a "NON- Swimmer"  ;)
RJ=

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: LA. Gov. Blanco orders "SHOOT TO KILL&
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 08:49:39 PM »
I bet she was a "NON- Swimmer"  ;)

Exactly.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 12:09:30 AM »
Who was it said (I always forget!) - ''there's just some folks need killin'' !!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:02:17 PM »
The French Quarter stayed pretty much dry. The cops have been fighting a street war with looters, who need to be shot on sight.

But, yea, the city will be rebuilt. Nationally, we will never admit that building a city near the gulf that is 10 feet under sea level is a bad idea. But remember who built the city in the first place there--the French.

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 09:11:12 AM »
Not for nothing, but when New Orleans was built it wasn't below sea level.  We have the Army Corp to thank for that for trying to force the Mississippi to stay in the same channel when it needs to meander in order to keep the delta a delta.  Hence, you get the "bird foot" delta of today which has been built up with the sediment load of the mississippi.  These deposits would normally be spread out as the channel area shifts.  Since the channel is forced to stay in one spot due to the levies it keeps building up and out, while the city area gets compacted with more and more building.  That being said, it is never a very good idea to build a city on the shores of a very large meandering river that close to its discharge point, since at some point the channel will shift and you will find the river running past you front door.