Author Topic: Prototype Front Carry holster  (Read 10505 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Prototype Front Carry holster
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »
Understand that the pictured holster is something in progress.

But to to answer the question,  there are three differences.  The Pivot , the Minimized size, and the angled cut of the right lower corner.  I'm sure the smaller size and the angle cut will stay with the design, front or rear carry.
RJ=

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »
Would you need to tighten and loosen screw to pivot?

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »
Sorry to be so long in answering,  I am still thinking on the swivel,  It would be more functional to stay loose, but a lots of guy will see it as an annoyance, as they have it in their hands,  playing with it.   Just my thoughts...
RJ=

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 12:16:13 AM »
RJ,

I really question whether the swivel is needed.  It might allow the panel to shift, defeating the whole purpose of the panel.  It is easy enough to get a hand between a stationary panel and the grip of a gun.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
I think you are right,  I'm trying too hard to make it have a function. :D

The only thing gained in this experiment is a reduction in over all size.  Thanks for input..

RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »
RJ:

The beauty and function of your new design is in its adaptablity to the design of the user's pocket.  

Ever since you first offered a pocket holster with a full counter-print panel (your so-called "Back Pocket" model), thereby perfecting a concept which I believe the legendary Chic Gaylord had first conceived, I have routinely had the strong-side front pockets of my trousers (suit pants, slacks, cargos, or BDUs) deepened:  12" from the top, 6" wide, squared at the bottom.  That allows me to carry a pocket pistol in my right front pocket with total concealment -- even on occasion the Mustang .380, a pocket holster for which you reluctantly agreed to design because it pushed the envelope for pocket pistols.  

The new design which you are contemplating will fill a niche which many of us out here will appreciate.  After my years of working in the so-called Third World, I am one of those who go armed 24/7, except in places where doing so is prohibited by law.  My decision on which pistol or revolver (and the attendant holster) to carry on any given day depends on the circumstances and my required wardrobe for that given day.  Your proposed new holster design offers a new range of options for carrying one of the smaller pocket pistols without having one's strong-side pockets altered.

And a man can never have too many holsters.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »
For right now, The cut of the R9 back Pocket holster will be of the smaller profle, shown the  Photo.  This is the smalkest the holster can be and still mask the R9's print.

RJ=

SSonnentag

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »
Nice holster.  Sign me up for one also.  I agree with some others that the swivel isn't necessary and may get in the way due to inconsistent configuration within the pocket.

Shawn

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 09:36:10 PM »
Mostly the Pivot, that really doesn't do anything worth while, I'm afraid.  But the profile is different and much smaller.   The size reduction is worthwhile..

So just forget the pivot for now...

Thanks for your interest..

RJ=

Offline st_albert

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 09:06:25 PM »
Yes, I think this is the best design for an R9 that I've seen.  I don't think the pivot feature adds anything for me, so I'd just as soon see a fixed position for the APP (Just my opinion).  If you go into production, I would probably buy one.

FWIW, I am currently using an HBE pocket pistol holster (I forget what it's called) with a folding APP (It's a flap hinged on the front so it can be folded left or right depending on which side you put it on).  It was designed for a PPK/S, but fits my R9 just fine.  Its only problem is that it has an extension (hook?) to keep it in the pocket when you draw, but which prevents it from fitting a couple of pairs of pants that have really small pockets.  Your design would seemingly avoid that.

Let us all know if you decide to offer this one commercially.  And for what it's worth: if you need a beta tester, I'd be glad to volunteer   ;D

Albert

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 10:16:37 PM »
For now I am covered up, but if you want this type of holster, just ask for the Abbreviated Rear carry holster.  That will be the minimum height, width and angled bottom, curved top..

E-mail me, "Richard S" gets the first one.    :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 04:10:53 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »
Blessings upon you, my friend!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline erh

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »
"Very nice as alway's RJ..!"

E!
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »
After several years of carry in the plant, stores, general sweat drenched carry, my anti-print flap has started to bend down.  While it still doesn't print too badly, it definitely reveals an L-shaped object in my pants -- maybe a piece of kydex, or something could reinforce it?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:39 PM »
The Panel can be replaced.  If it is one of mine, return it with $5 S&H charges.
RJ=