Author Topic: Prototype Front Carry holster  (Read 10508 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Prototype Front Carry holster
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 08:43:13 PM »
It's not really something worth surrendering my holster for, I just meant it as something to consider if you're designing a new holster -- it might actually need to be replaced in another few years, but now that it won't be getting soaked through in the kitchen every day, I don't know that it'll be much of a problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:48:29 PM by Aglifter »
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 09:01:10 AM »
I'm an admitted  holster and grip "junkie" who keeps his spare parts stored by gun type in the safe.  During a recent inventory one rainy Sunday afternoon, I counted four old counter-print panels for my favorite and most often carried holster of two "Backpocket" models which RJ made for my G-380 six years ago.  Here's what a Hedley Holster looks like after six years of hard use and several accidental immersions in Smoky Mountain trout streams:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 11:40:15 PM »
Many holsters would be useless after 6 years of constant use even without the immersions in the streams, which would serve to loosen them up even faster.  That holster would look new but for the indentations from the gun.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:41:28 PM by BillinPittsburgh »
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Prototype Front Carry holster
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 08:31:54 PM »
>>Count me in for one, please...!...TW<<