Author Topic: Looking for Belt Holster  (Read 7714 times)

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Looking for Belt Holster
« on: February 26, 2010, 11:07:43 PM »
I need one that keeps the R9 high and tucked close to the body.
I have an AKER for my Sig P220 that does a great job keeping it close.
I am also interested in a neck holster for my R9.
Any suggestions on where I might look or who might custom make one?

As a side note: I had two holsters ordered and paid for from Pale Horse that were supposed to be from Graham Holsters. After 2 years of waiting, I found out that Pale Horse and Graham had some kind of falling out. Bottom line is that I lost my money with no recourse.
A real bummer.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Looking for Belt Holster
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:38:33 AM »
doctordum.  I would contact Robert at Meco Holsters.  He can make what you want.  The pictures on this link are pocket holsters, but give him a call or email.  Just tell him what you want.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/rearpocket.htm

Or Jim at hiddenholsters@yahoo.com.  Here's a Forum link with his email address and phone number.  Go to page one for a picture of one of his holsters.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1233665411;start=15
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:47:57 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline calilw

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
is this what your looking for?

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:11:28 AM »
Pretty much.....
Where?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:30:37 AM »
It does look like it gets the job done.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline calilw

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
his name is Jack Bender ph# 636-207-7793 email jbcustom-leather@att.net ...  he's a retired police officer and works out of his home so please be respectful of that.  i did talk to him about posting his phone number before doing so.  so he knows there is some out of town interest in his work.  he currently resides on the west side of st. louis.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:09:05 AM by calilw »

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
callw,

That is an excellent looking rig.  Really does keep the Pup high and tight.  That would work for me.  I like it.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »
  doctordun, read where you were looking for a neck holster for an R9 (among other things). I had no idea that they made such a thing. Anyway, if you get any information concerning them, I would very interested in hearing about it. Thank you ,       Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »
Gene.  Here are some just to give you an idea on the neck holster.  None for an R9, but I'll bet Robert or Jim could make one.

http://www.stellarrigs.com/gun_neckchain_rigs.html

One of these might be good for the car.   :-/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:18:27 AM by kjtrains »

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
 doctordun, read where you were looking for a neck holster for an R9 (among other things). I had no idea that they made such a thing. Anyway, if you get any information concerning them, I would very interested in hearing about it. Thank you ,       Gene
I have one for my Keltec and my NAA .22Mag. I hardly notice them anymore. I was wanting something for my Rohrbaugh for more firepower.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 06:00:12 PM »
 Thanks KT & doctordun. KT, appreciate the link.    Gene
birdman

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
Talked to Robert Locke on the phone this evening on this subject. As as 'one man' custom shop, he is working on a new design for another customer for just this kind of design. I've just asked to be included on his email list, so that when this actual product is produced, he'll email photos, specs and prices to those interested. In order to prevent an 'overload' on requests for information, quotes, etc. all from one really, really nice professional guy producing 'one-of-a-kind' handmade products, maybe we can all figure out a way to best forward these requests to him. I guarantee you, he reads this forum and every single email sent. Perhaps if those interested in this design could just email him and request the images/specs/quotes when the 'first one' is completed, we can all let him do his work, and not overwhelm him with requests...
All my regards to you all, a terrific community.

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
Talked to Robert Locke on the phone this evening on this subject. As as 'one man' custom shop, he is working on a new design for another customer for just this kind of design.
Are you referring to just the Belt Holster?

Offline RemoraHolsters

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 02:49:44 PM »
Take a look at our holsters at http://www.remoraholsters.com

We make 5 models that will work with the Rohrbaugh:

1XSMA2 - Hold just the gun in the holster.
1XSMA3 - Holds a gun with added accessories or for those that like a looser fit.
1XSMALP - The gun sits lower in the holster and exposes more of the grip (new product - not in the online store yet, will have to fill out the contact form on the website)
1XSMAWM - Holds the same guns as the 1XSMA3, but with an extra mag pocket.
1XSMAAH - Holds the same guns as the 1ZSMA2, but has velcro attached to use with the velcro leg strappings. Can be used as a pocket holster also.

Offline Rich_G

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »
Talked to Robert Locke on the phone this evening on this subject. As as 'one man' custom shop, he is working on a new design for another customer for just this kind of design. I've just asked to be included on his email list, so that when this actual product is produced, he'll email photos, specs and prices to those interested. In order to prevent an 'overload' on requests for information, quotes, etc.

Is anyone aware of any updated info on this design?? I would be interested in possibly an exotic skin! ;D
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.