Author Topic: Re: Meco vs Del Fatti  (Read 12567 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Meco vs Del Fatti
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »

MrsFosforos is a very esteemed and valued member of this forum. She has always contributed tangible and useful information, not just banal posts that seem to creep in here on a daily basis.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
MrsFosforos is a very esteemed and valued member of this forum. She has always contributed tangible and useful information, not just banal posts that seem to creep in here on a daily basis.
:)
Thanks!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »

You are most welcome and I forgot to mention knowledgeable.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 12:29:31 AM »
So Mrs-
just curious what is the background on the user name, Mrs Matchsticks?

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »
If you would like the holster to be wider, I would ask Robert at Meco if he could make it wider.  From my experience Robert has been more than willing to work with me with my bright ideas.
Sparks is nice, I had one.  It took a long time to get, I sold the Sparks and kept my Meco.

Pete

If anyone has any problem with one of my holsters let me know I will be glad to make it right
thank you
Robert
robertmeco

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
So Mrs-
just curious what is the background on the user name, Mrs Matchsticks?
It isn't too original, my husband uses Fosforos. When we started posting messages to the same discussion boards, I started using Mrs so folks would know we were a matched pair!

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »
 I would like to clarify my comment about my pocket holsters. I own several different makes and models holsters for my Seecamps and a Meco holster for my Rohrbaugh.
 If I am wearing dress pants or jeans they all work perfectly. If I am wearing Vertx pants (CCW tactical friendly) with large pockets they all tend to turn sideways during the day at some point. Not a major problem, the pistol stays in the holster. These happen to be my favorite casual pants/shorts. You can carry the essentials without looking like BDU's.
 Three weeks ago I shot a 60 round course of fire with the Rohrbaugh and Meco. I was constantly re-holstering and drawing the pistol. I was wearing the Vertex pants and NEVER had a problem! The problem is not with the holster, the design, fit, and construction are perfect. The problem is with over-sized pockets in some styles of pants. If need be I imagine I could order a slightly wider holster for this style of pant.
 Hopefully this clears up the question I had.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
Could your pockets be altered to change the size/shape a little? A couple of seams might be all that would be needed. It seems to me since the holsters you have work with your other pants -- that altering the pockets that don't work, would be the easiest fix.

Or here's another example of one Robert made for a customer who sent size dimensions for him to make one specifically to provide stability for use in his cargo pants pockets.

If you want a larger panel OR custom fit, you can send him a paper outline of the pocket and he'll make one that will work for you.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:20:52 AM by MrsFosforos »

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »
It isn't too original, my husband uses Fosforos. When we started posting messages to the same discussion boards, I started using Mrs so folks would know we were a matched pair!

I was just wondering since Fosforos means "matches" in spanish, i thought maybe you were in that business somehow. I haven't seen that word in years. At work, when i used to chew on cigars,  i used to hear alot of "tiene fosforos?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:51:26 AM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
I was just wondering since Fosforos means "matches" in spanish, i thought maybe you were in that business somehow. I haven't seen that word in years. At work, when i used to chew on cigars,  i used to hear alot of "tiene fosforos?"
I'm sorry to derail the OP, but that reminds me of one of my favorite tshirts from tshirt.woot.com

(wrestling match!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:49:56 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 03:16:16 PM »
Would that be the WWF - World Wrestling Fosforos ?  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
Would that be the WWF - World Wrestling Fosforos ?  ;D
8)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
In regards to the Meco vs Del Fatti - Bothe are excellent quality holsters made by Master Craftsmen. Each a little different from the other. Robert is a little easier to contact (in my experience)
and will make you whatever shape, size or color you want and you will have it quicker. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
In regards to the Meco vs Del Fatti - Bothe are excellent quality holsters made by Master Craftsmen. Each a little different from the other. Robert is a little easier to contact (in my experience)
and will make you whatever shape, size or color you want and you will have it quicker. :D

For quickness, you can't beat Jim Powell, http://www.leatherandstuff.net/ he has about a one week turnaround.

And for a Seecamp:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:01:50 PM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Joe, just wondering if you know if he offers any exotic skin holsters I didn't see any on his site.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson