Author Topic: is this 45 going to happen?  (Read 21239 times)

Offline tattoo

• Master
is this 45 going to happen?
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
sorry dont read board much but is this going to happen? and if so i realize they are hard to nail down on production but will it be this year? thanks

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: is this 45 going to happen?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »

Not before the next SHOT show.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
No info yet!  Stay tuned!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Not before the next SHOT show.

In another thread DDGator wrote

I can also tell you that Karl is on a mission to make this gun.  It will happen, and it will happen well before SHOT 2012.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R45;action=display;num=1295384481;start=0#0

I would think that at that time it was good info BUT I would not hold my breath.  I still hold my guess of May 2013 at the earliest.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
What most people do not realize, it that with little guns, especially .45's, one of the biggest hurrdles if not The biggest is the recoil system.
Why Colt themselves had a devil of a time getting the Colt Defender to work without being a jamomatic.  I heard some say they there are some guns out there they could not cure.

Colt even had a difficult time in the 80's with the Officers model.  
Other companys like Springfield and Llama had had problems as well.
And of course AMT with their 45 Backup has a bad reputation.

But if anyone can get it right I have faith in the Brothers and knowing that they won't release the R45 till it  is right the first time.

I'm sure that they are having or will have their struggles like everyone else and we will just have to wait and it will be worth it.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Well said, Reinz.

As fine a platform as it is, the 1911 is not a good design for a subcompact.  It's been proven time and time again.

But the Kahr PM45 has shown the way.  It's a rock solid performer with a caveat.  The hand that holds it is prone to failures.  I know for a fact that pride has a lot to do with the poor reputation of small .45s.  If an otherwise accomplished shooter can't handle it, he labels it a jam-o-matic when the flaw is actually with the shooter.  I've had the chance to shoot quite a few small .45s than "suddenly" functioned just fine in my hand.

It takes training and very good technique to shoot these tiny pistols and when you move to a .45 that becomes even more apparent.  Nothing underlines flaws in a shooter's technique like a subcompact .45ACP autoloader.
Land of the free, because of the brave.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »

It doesn't sound very promising, does it?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
I can see how you could think that way, however, I believe Rohrbaugh will make the R45 happen, just a matter of time.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »
You're right Relic, half the battle wtih those little auto cannons is the shooter himself.

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
I agree with kjtrains and Reinz, here.  Training and technique are things that we can improve.  I think it is very promising.

I have no doubt that an R45 would be reliable and effective.  It's true that not everyone will be able to shoot it effectively, but to be quite honest, it's the "know-it-all" shooters that are the problem.  Those willing to learn will adjust and become proficient.

I didn't mean to sound negative.  Actually, I'm quite enthusiastic about the R45.  I know that Rohrbaugh will create a exceptional product and I will ensure my technique is up to the challenge of handling it effectively.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »
Relic.  You didn't sound negative at all, and you definitely made great points.  Technique and a proper frame of mind add to one's shooting skills.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:40:12 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
Cool, so I can still put a R45 on my Christmas list?  :D :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
Cool, so I can still put a R45 on my Christmas list?  :D :D

Sure!  Just don't know what year!    ;D

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Well, has anyone heard anything more about the production of an R45?

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
Yeah, but you know the drill -

If I told you, then....

;D