Author Topic: The S&W I frame that is buried  (Read 3184 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
The S&W I frame that is buried
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »
My great Uncle carried a S&W I frame, a bit smaller than the J frame but in .32 long, and .32 H&R. He carried it for 30+ years working on the railroad. When he died it went to my great Aunt. She kept it at home for decades.

Just before she went into Hospice she gave me the gun, by now in REAL bad shape, and asked me to put it in her casket with her. She soon died and I kept my promise. Once the church thinned down I went to the casket, knelt down and with the S&W wrapped in a handkerchief I slipped it in beside her.

She din't know where she would end up but wanted to be ready none the less.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: The S&W I frame that is buried
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
I do hope it was unloaded!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
I hope the funeral staff and grave digger are fine upstanding citizens who would have no use for an unregistered firearm. 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:17 PM »
I hope the funeral staff and grave digger are fine upstanding citizens who would have no use for an unregistered firearm.

I don't think they would bother reopening the casket of a 96 year old woman.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »

Fortunately it seems the OP lives in a free state.  Pretty sure that Indiana, like my state of Texas, has no firearm registration.  So none of this 'unregistered firearm' BS as all firearms, except NFA, are unregistered.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:11 PM »

Fortunately it seems the OP lives in a free state.  Pretty sure that Indiana, like my state of Texas, has no firearm registration.  So none of this 'unregistered firearm' BS as all firearms, except NFA, are unregistered.

You are right at that. Gunshows private sellers, along as they have a valid Indiana license I don' have to record ANYTHING. Could not imagine living in Cali, MS, or any other restrictive State.

Indiana is a SHALL issue State. As long as no domestic or felony issues you get a carry permit.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident