Author Topic: R9 shortage?  (Read 10644 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: R9 shortage?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 03:34:39 PM »
I think that without pictures it is going to be a hard sell. I would never buy any firearm without seeing what I am buying. If you are having difficulty loading pics, go to a UPS Store or Pak Mail or similar & they will do it for you. JMO
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 05:05:52 PM »
I think that without pictures it is going to be a hard sell. I would never buy any firearm without seeing what I am buying. If you are having difficulty loading pics, go to a UPS Store or Pak Mail or similar & they will do it for you. JMO

Thanks for the tip. I do have Photo Bucket someplace but I think at this point I will keep it. Look at th ASP. It is really a stock S&W 39 chopped and channeled with plastic grips, and a gutter snipe system. The one on G-broker is asking SIX THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The Covert is not only PHYSICALLY modified but modified internally.

I think the Elite is a MUCH, MUCH better looking weapon but if I had to grab one for a fight it would  be the Covert.   

Each to his own I guess. I LOVE the looks of a ASP, always have, but at 6K I will have to pass
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:32:06 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 10:01:21 AM »
Check G-broker. There is a BASIC two tone with a but it now of $2500?????????????????????????? It has a bid now of $1500.

There are 6400+ R9's made. Looks like they are getting more popular as the word gets out, I have shown a R9 to 15-20 people and only 1-3 had even HEARD of it let alone seen one.

IF IT'S A CLEAN COMPLETE GUN you will never loose in the long run. I have paid a lot of money for my guns but they are ALL now worth more.  ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »
He should garner a decent number for that R9. New in the Box condition there. R38** area . . . . . I was glass beading those by hand as a deburring operation prior to sending those frames off to Smith & Wesson for anodizing. Nice gun there.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
Check G-broker. There is a BASIC two tone with a but it now of $2500?????????????????????????? It has a bid now of $1500.

There are 6400+ R9's made. Looks like they are getting more popular as the word gets out, I have shown a R9 to 15-20 people and only 1-3 had even HEARD of it let alone seen one.

IF IT'S A CLEAN COMPLETE GUN you will never loose in the long run. I have paid a lot of money for my guns but they are ALL now worth more.  ;D ;D

That's the second time through, looks like a shill bid to me, but I could be wrong.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 09:05:24 PM »

That's the second time through, looks like a shill bid to me, but I could be wrong.

You may be right. Sometimes things just don't pass the smell test.

USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 07:09:44 AM »
May want to start using Guns America instead. Seems like a better clientele there. They also seem to have better "safeties" in place for the buyer and the seller compared to Gunbroker. I'm reading Gunbroker can be a crap shoot, however, I have had very good interactions there. We'll see..............
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
Also try Gun Auction.com
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
I have had very good luck with GunBroker, you just have to watch who's doing the selling and who is bidding against you.

The penny start auctions are the the worst ones.  In my opinion, use a start price you can live with and skip the reserve crap unless you are fishing for an offline buyer.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 07:35:25 AM »
I have had very good luck with GunBroker, you just have to watch who's doing the selling and who is bidding against you.

The penny start auctions are the the worst ones.  In my opinion, use a start price you can live with and skip the reserve crap unless you are fishing for an offline buyer.

Sounds about right.................

Offline Bigjimm

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »
I have an R9S I will sell for $800.  original owner..have case, extra mag, original receipt, etc.   Gun fired less than 100 times....new slide put on by Williams gunsite a couple of years ago...fr all intents and purposes this is a new pistol.   Let me know if you are interested.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 08:07:09 PM »
That R9 of yours sounds like a good buy there for someone Jim. . . . . Welcome to the forum.

Eric R.