Author Topic: Selling on Gunbroker - The First Rohrbaugh R9 Sold To The Public! - # 102  (Read 17639 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Hey everyone,

As I mentioned a few days ago, I was going to sell off a few things. This is a special R9S for you collectors out there! It Is The First Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol sold to the public! If you click on the link, it will take you to my posting on Gunbroker with the write up about this firearm which has the undisputed distinction of being that firearm. If you look at the photograph of the action below, yes, that is the original grease we used then is still on this R9. I test fired it in May 2004 and the owner just put it in his safe. Never used. . . . New In Box! (but no box now, but you get what I mean. lol)

Gunbroker Item #:  670170762

Link:  http://www.gunbroker.com/item/670170762

Thank you for looking and good luck if you decide to bid on her.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Rohrbaugh R9 Series Pistols:   Elegant Simplicity
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:11:48 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
Fantastic write-up Eric!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Thank you good Sir and Welcome aboard "The Forum".

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

I have seen and handled this gun.  This is absolutely the real deal.  Hard to think of a Rohrbaugh that would be more collectible than this one.  Just wow.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Thank You Duane................

Hope all is going well down there with all of those dog gone sinkholes!  Yikes!

Be safe .................

Eric

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Great write-up Eric.  Any thoughts on an Archive service where you do a mini history on company letterhead on any given pup?  If the price was right I would pay to have the same style history on several of mine.  Phil

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
While I do have some sort of "handle" on the R9 pistols I built, to be able to put something directly on a certain serial number may be difficult, but, depending on the number, it may just jog my memory and we might have something viable. It would depend on the number and what I can remember about it. You are welcome to send me any particulars in reference to the firearm you have Phil, and I'll see what I can do for you.

Eric

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Sorry about some of those photographs in the Gunbroker auction being upside down or sideways. I did have them corrected prior to posting them, but after they got posted, they went back to the original shot and not the "fixed angle" I changed them to. I was unsuccessful in going back in and changing those. Oh well, I tried my best and failed miserably.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
An obvious one is #223.  Another is the LISC serial number.  Maybe two more. 

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Sorry about some of those photographs in the Gunbroker auction being upside down or sideways. I did have them corrected prior to posting them, but after they got posted, they went back to the original shot and not the "fixed angle" I changed them to. I was unsuccessful in going back in and changing those. Oh well, I tried my best and failed miserably.

I just retracted my bid because of the upside down photos.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:37:04 PM by PhilZ »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Oh!. . . . . . Wise Guy Aye!? . . . . . Why you I oughta ! . . . . . . .   ;D

Offline jh225

That is so cool!

Likely going to go for big bucks.

Good luck with the auction Eric.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Eric,
    As I mentioned before-Drooool.... 8)
I wish you the best in your sale and I hope you get ten K for it!!
If things were better for me I'd be bidding high on it that's for sure!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Thanks again guys. I just hope it goes to a collector who understands what the heck it is I'm letting go here. So far I'm a bit let down by these numbers, but I guess the real bidding now will be near the closing of the auction. We'll see. . . . . . . and I'll hope.  lol

Offline tattoo

• Master
Eric good luck in the last 8 hours.  I suspect we will see some BIG changes in your current auction. 👍🏻