Author Topic: Black and Blue?  (Read 11084 times)

Offline jh225

Black and Blue?
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:49:26 AM »
So, another early serial number is up on GB, #109. No box, papers, etc and I question the grips.

Shouldn't this have the Blue/Black grips?

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Black and Blue?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:46:59 AM »
I think that should definitely have carbon fiber grips and probably blue @ R109.  Prior owner might have wanted to sell the gun but wanted to keep or sell original grips separately.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:52 AM »
Yes that would have had blue CF grips for sure. Is that a silver frame hard to tell for sure from the pics? If so super rare only 12-16 made based on forum history.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:39 AM »
Yes that would have had blue CF grips for sure. Is that a silver frame hard to tell for sure from the pics? If so super rare only 12-16 made based on forum history.
Looks like early purple/gray frame to me.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:30:10 AM »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:33:27 AM »
Here is the Gunbroker link for those interested.

Currently at $800 with zero bids and no reserve.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/676453969

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 10:02:51 AM »

One mag, no box, no papers, early number. I think that $800 is a 'bit' high.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »

One mag, no box, no papers, early number. I think that $800 is a 'bit' high.

Not judging the value, just noting the details.

However I did notice that the ad does not mention anything about the serial number and it's place in 'history'.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »
Looks like early purple/gray frame to me.

Phil - you are correct that first pic when looking on my phone made it look silverish but it is the standard frame color
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
Hope I didn't step on anyones toes. I have NO IDEA who owns the gun. But without box, papers, and only one mag TO ME it's A $600 GUN. Others? Well if you have none it may be a good deal. Each to his own. I guess. Once again. I should have thought BRFORE opening mouth. Sorry again whoever the owner is.   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 07:07:18 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 05:11:02 PM »
Someone robbed the extra goodies from this early Farmy I feel sorry for it for sure!
IMO it is worth at least the asking price because of it being what it is and in decent shape...
Blue grips,mags and case can still be found and at least it'd look like the Pup it should be!
All just IMO of course.
Good luck to the seller!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 12:55:36 PM »
OK guys, here's my take on this one.

First off it is R109 and not 109. Those are black G10 grips and not the original blue/black carbon fiber grip sets. Looking at the photos, this gun has hardly been carried, nor shot. I say that because if you look at the front of the frame, it is like new. The "stuff" you see in the photos in the trigger guard are not wear, but simply pocket dust. Looking at the SS glass beaded trigger, take notice it is like new also, no tell-tale wear from trigger usage. Moving to the slide serrations. . . clean like new, no debris from cycling the slide. If you look at the last photograph, please note that this is the original slide. Look at the rear of the slide and you can see the sharp edge at the lower line then taking a sharp C.N.C. cut towards to the top of the slide. The slides we did a short time later we contoured that area (rounded it off) by hand on a grinding/buffer wheel. Those sharp rear edges slides are not common later on in production. Now, with all of that said, the frame on that R9 is in fact the early purplish frame anodizing treatment.

To finish my analysis of this R9 for sale:  Put a set of original blue/black carbon fiber grips on this gun and it will be worth the effort as an original low number R9. With the R prefix on this serial numbered R9, this frame is the reinforced, updated version. Those R9s without the R prefix, the area of the frame where the barrel pin fits in to is thinner than the upgraded frame, which has the R prefix before the serial number.

This is a sleeper in my humble opinion.

Eric R.

BTW:  I have no ides who owns this. I am just throwing this out there because I see things other people miss. I would say this is an overall tight R9 specimen that can be brought back to stock configuration with the correct grip set. Everything else on the gun looks tight, clean and correct here.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
BTW Kevin. . . . . I believe you're good here.   ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
OK guys, here's my take on this one.

First off it is R109 and not 109. Those are black G10 grips and not the original blue/black carbon fiber grip sets. Looking at the photos, this gun has hardly been carried, nor shot. I say that because if you look at the front of the frame, it is like new. The "stuff" you see in the photos in the trigger guard are not wear, but simply pocket dust. Looking at the SS glass beaded trigger, take notice it is like new also, no tell-tale wear from trigger usage. Moving to the slide serrations. . . clean like new, no debris from cycling the slide. If you look at the last photograph, please note that this is the original slide. Look at the rear of the slide and you can see the sharp edge at the lower line then taking a sharp C.N.C. cut towards to the top of the slide. The slides we did a short time later we contoured that area (rounded it off) by hand on a grinding/buffer wheel. Those sharp rear edges slides are not common later on in production. Now, with all of that said, the frame on that R9 is in fact the early purplish frame anodizing treatment.

To finish my analysis of this R9 for sale:  Put a set of original blue/black carbon fiber grips on this gun and it will be worth the effort as an original low number R9. With the R prefix on this serial numbered R9, this frame is the reinforced, updated version. Those R9s without the R prefix, the area of the frame where the barrel pin fits in to is thinner than the upgraded frame, which has the R prefix before the serial number.

This is a sleeper in my humble opinion.

Eric R.

BTW:  I have no ides who owns this. I am just throwing this out there because I see things other people miss. I would say this is an overall tight R9 specimen that can be brought back to stock configuration with the correct grip set. Everything else on the gun looks tight, clean and correct here.

Well problem/issue is if isn't sold with grips, box, papers, and extra mag, someone on will Here will start screaming FAKE, FAKE, FAKE. it happens EVERY SINGLE time something is sold.

Sad really that their lives are so shallow that is all they have to complain in life about.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident