Author Topic: Tribute grips black or black/blue?  (Read 8665 times)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Tribute grips black or black/blue?
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:12:35 AM »
There's a Tribute on GB that looks like it has black VZ grips.  Did some have black and some blue/black?  Also, the listing states 100 rounds, but the barrel and slide look pretty marked up.  Third, the seller states 1 of 40, is this accurate?  My serial is 180 later.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Re: Tribute grips black or black/blue?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
Philz:

I have one also. It was mentioned on the forum that close to 40 were made. They of course were to "Tribute" the Farmie. I have never seen a Tribute with anything but blue grips, and it could be one with added grips. I can tell you that when I bought mine unfired from a forum member on GB with the box and paperwork it was about $1365 shipped, back in 2013. The price is a good starting point, if it is a true Tribute.  It could be a special made or a Frankenstien.  :o
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:43:48 AM by mannylinda »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:49:34 PM »
Hey guys, the number of Tributes made was around the 40 mark, give or take. . . . . I don't recall exactly. However, they ALL had the VZ Blue Grips on them as a "Tribute" to our Original "Farmie" design. None of those had VZ Black Grips. Also, the serial numbers were not always close to each other, so being 150 or so "Down the Line" sort to speak is not uncommon practice. We made a few, then made some regular models so you can see that while the frames were all made together, and so the serial numbers must continue, each was finished differently as to fill the orders we had at that time.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline jh225

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »
So that info brings about an interesting question.......IF this is actually a Tribute, what happened to the original grips? The ones currently in place are most definitely Black, as there is no sign of Blue in the screw holes, ridges, corners, etc. where it would show up, even if just a little bit.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
I now own five R9S and on thing I do NOT get hung up on is the "detail freaks" that scour G-broker. You can have two S&W's one number apart that were sld 10 years apart, it has been proven. Same with the R9S. Do you think Eric woke up thinking I feel like crap today but I will try to finish the slide on another Elite? I seriously doubt it.

If you want something totally uniform buy Girl Scout cookies, or Kel Tec's. Most everything else is going to have a variation of some sort as to date, accessories, etc.

Buy what you like. Life is simpler if you don't worry about the details.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 03:29:57 PM »
Buy what you like. Life is simpler if you don't worry about the details.
Kevin: My father had a saying, " You'll be a lot happier in life a lot sooner if you make peace with imperfection."
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
Kevin: My father had a saying, " You'll be a lot happier in life a lot sooner if you make peace with imperfection."

WTH?????????????? isn't that EXACTLY what I just wrote????????????????
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:42 PM »

No, it is somewhat similar in meaning, but not exact, and different. There is a huge difference between perfection and details. Details are not always perfect, but perfection is always perfection & imperfection is always imperfection. Welcome back.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:58:19 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »

kevinqjhps, the blue text in Cargariitaville's post is a quote of your post.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
"Who's on first?" It sounds like it is time to move on from these words of wisdom.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 08:42:59 AM »

kevinqjhps, the blue text in Cargariitaville's post is a quote of your post.

PSSSSST! Read it again sport.
It is NOT A QUOTE. It has a similar theme, for whatever reason, but is NOT a quote. You may want to check that definition.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »

Sounds like everyone was in agreement.  Why are we fighting about the details?   :(

Looking for my "Irony" sign...
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »

Sounds like everyone was in agreement.  Why are we fighting about the details?   :(

Looking for my "Irony" sign...

Guys. . . . . . Please, let's move on. . . . back to civility again. We are talking about The Tribute R9 having blue or black grips on it. Now that I think of it, Karl & Maria may have even asked me to change one or two out when I was building them to a black gripped version as a special order for the purchaser, that did happen from time to time with all of the models we made and my memory of such little details is far from 100%. . . . . . So let's keep 'er moving along now. . . . . . nice nice like.

Thanks guys.

Eric
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »
The buyer from last night owes me a thanks.:):):) I was the other bidder BUT am buying two other firearms today and my 'gun play money' only goes s far.

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
Wonder how much it would have sold for with the original blue grips?