Author Topic: Check-Mate Final Magazine Run  (Read 5731 times)

Offline CheckmateBrandon

Check-Mate Final Magazine Run
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »
Good afternoon everyone!

After almost a year of getting various parts together, we are proud to announce that we will be able to complete a final run of Rohrbaugh magazines. We will be running both 9mm AND .380 mags!! Due to the small lot size and parts needed, the price per magazine will be $75. Magazines are expected to start shipping within two weeks. We will take orders for 3 weeks or until all mags are spoken for, then de-activate the listing. Pre-order link is below. Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer, thanks!   

http://www.checkmatemagazines.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=category&task=listing&cid=19&name=rohrbaugh-r9-magazines&Itemid=298

Regards,
 Brandon
 Check-Mate Industries
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:32:16 AM by CheckmateBrandon »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Check-Mate Final Magazine Run
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
My order number 20042 B1P9Y5D30, was placed on 6/5/17. Is it safe to assume these will be shipped "first in first out?" Thanks.If you could get extra springs they would also be a hot item.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline JMH

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
I ordered two(2) R9 magazines today. Hopeful they are an exact match. Agree on the springs comment. Haven't read anything on the life expectancy of magazine springs especially ones that are fully compressed for long periods.

Offline CheckmateBrandon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! Pre-orders placed on the site prior to the Forum announcement are included in this run. We are the OEM for the original mags and these will be identical in every way. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
Brandon,
Thanks for giving us all a last chance opportunity to order before they are discontinued. I just placed an order for 2. How long will it take to get them?

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
Brandon,
Thanks for giving us all a last chance opportunity to order before they are discontinued. I just placed an order for 2. How long will it take to get them?

"Low Long" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Read my reply #1
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Is this going to be the original SS style or the black coated SS? The picture shows the original mag, but the web link says phosphate coated.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
If I may. . . . . being this is going to be the last run of magazines from Checkmate for the R9 pistol, I would think they will be just the silver stainless steel versions, rather than the added work of making them black. Just my thought though. . . . I have no inside knowledge of this. . . . . just a "gut feeling". 

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 11:02:35 PM »
I would prefer the original polished SS style, having bought many of the phosphate coated SS in the first aftermarket run after Rohrbaugh was sold.

And this would be only because I don't own many of the original style mags and I don't see the coating as a large benefit in most cases.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:04:54 PM by PsychoSword »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »
I would prefer the original polished SS style, having bought many of the phosphate coated SS in the first aftermarket run after Rohrbaugh was sold.

And this would be only because I don't own many of the original style mags and I don't see the coating as a large benefit in most cases.

They come in polished stainless NOT phosphate coated. The aftermarket vendor obviously didn't last. CheckMate  will send you 100% original style and markings. They jacked up the price from the first offering. As ECR stated once this run over THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER OFFERING. Guy i spoke with at CheckMate said they only had a limited, either 100 or 150 mag bodies. The followers are OEM as are the Wolff spring.

I have 6 spares and guard them with my life.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline Retired

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »
Just received five stainless steel mags. Were on order less than a month.