Author Topic: WITHOUT getting political  (Read 3190 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
WITHOUT getting political
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
Without getting political has anyone else quit the Sunday ritual of NFL football? I think the certain players are showing great disrespect to our Flag by the protests.

If owners can't control players looks like the cart is leading the horse.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline minnesotaguy

Re: WITHOUT getting political
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:44:16 PM »
Kevin - Hate to disappoint you, but....    Those kneeling players have had NO impact on me at all...

Have not watched any NFL game (including SuperBowls) since 1987 when the NFL prima donnas staged a strike.   In fact, gave up on all pro sports. 

Do not miss it at all.   My Sunday afternoons are much more active and enjoyable now.

Tom

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »
   I live an hour northwest of Green Bay.I loved the Packers. We moved up here from Southern Wisconsin.
   On Sunday afternoons everyone was either at the stadium or glued to the tube watching the game and it left the woods pretty empty for bird hunting!

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »
I lived in Turlock (Kaps hometown) for a few years during Kaepernicks time with the 49ers. The entire town had his posters up, flew 49ers flags and restaurants named menu items after him. Less than a month after his first kneel, the entire town was wiped clean of his likeness, no flags were flying and menus were wiped clean of anything having to do with his name. Even the kid at the local high school that was the current QB wearing Kaps number changed to a different number and from what I hear, no one will wear his number to this day because it is said to now have bad luck.
I have not watched a single NFL game since this first round of kneeling and dont plan on watching it anytime soon. His oppressor parents now live in a super high posh neighborhood, just down the street from the local country club. So hypocritical and most players have no idea why they are even kneeling. Its sad actually but the silent protest is whats killing the NFL. Its killing the league in its pocketbook where it hurts the most. I heard just last week that the NFL had to pay close to 1 billion dollars back to sponsors this season alone because the viewership was below their contractual agreement.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
I lived in Turlock (Kaps hometown) for a few years during Kaepernicks time with the 49ers. The entire town had his posters up, flew 49ers flags and restaurants named menu items after him. Less than a month after his first kneel, the entire town was wiped clean of his likeness, no flags were flying and menus were wiped clean of anything having to do with his name. Even the kid at the local high school that was the current QB wearing Kaps number changed to a different number and from what I hear, no one will wear his number to this day because it is said to now have bad luck.
I have not watched a single NFL game since this first round of kneeling and dont plan on watching it anytime soon. His oppressor parents now live in a super high posh neighborhood, just down the street from the local country club. So hypocritical and most players have no idea why they are even kneeling. Its sad actually but the silent protest is whats killing the NFL. Its killing the league in its pocketbook where it hurts the most. I heard just last week that the NFL had to pay close to 1 billion dollars back to sponsors this season alone because the viewership was below their contractual agreement.

BRACO! VERY well said sir.

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »
I am a die hard Patriots fan & I am proud of my team. I watch every game that I can. Do I like these thugs doing what they are doing?...No. I never heard anyone complain about the arrest records & drug abuse of these street thugs. Everyone looks the other way at that stuff. It is my opinion that the majority of professional sports players in certain leagues are ignorant street thugs. I stress the word ignorant. They all want to get a rise out of all of us. If they do, then they succeed. If you ignore them, they lose. Never try to reason with an ignorant person. You will lose.
Also, a former Patriots player who was tops in the NFL was arrested, charged with murder, tried & found guilty. He then hung himself. Not so tough off the field......
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 08:39:35 PM »
Cargaritaville

I agree completely.  I'm my work I see people constantly trying to get a reaction from others and when they don't get a response it's like a child who lost his favorite toy. They move on to the next person trying to get a reaction or change topics. 

"Never try to reason with an ignorant person. You will lose." Is something I've learned in life. Wish I had learned it sooner than I did but thankful I learned it at all.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:42 AM »
The habits, or actions, of players ON THEIR OWN TIME is none of our business. HOWEVER. Showing disrespect to the flag puts things in a different light. THAT as a American is unforgivable.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline Thomasconnor

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »
Kevin - Hate to disappoint you, but....    Those kneeling players have had NO impact on me at all...

Have not watched any NFL game (including SuperBowls) since 1987 when the NFL prima donnas staged a strike.   In fact, gave up on all pro sports. 

Do not miss it at all.   My Sunday afternoons are much more active and enjoyable now.

Tom

Likewise. The reason I stopped long ago was free-agency.