Author Topic: Two R9s going up for sale soon by ECR  (Read 4671 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Two R9s going up for sale soon by ECR
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:20:59 PM »
Hey guys,

Just putting this out there. . . . . . . One of our family friends, and a shareholder of our company, is selling off her husband's and her father's R9 pistols. Both have the carbon fiber grips and sights. One was never fired other than by me test firing it and the other has a few rounds through and was carried. Both her husband and her father passed away a few years ago and she kept these in her possession. She needs the money more now and she really was not a shooter anyway, so she asked me to sell these for her. I will do a description and post some photographs when I get things cleaned up. I really need to get the most for her, so I think I may do this on Gunbroker. This is simply a heads up of what's coming up for sale from me.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Two R9s going up for sale soon by ECR
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »
I think there will be a "few" bids ::) ::) ::). I would put them on one at a time though. No sense competing against yourself.

kevinqjhps
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
They will be offered just one at a time Kevin, correct. Once the first one goes, I'll post the second. Not sure which one I'll post first, I just got home from a day of running around and now I have some thinking to do. I will be cleaning and taking some photographs of the two pistols tomorrow some time. One is a Farmingdale unfired and the other is a Deer Park, NY with the script lettering for the Deer Park, so it's an early piece. Stay tuned for more information and photos.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
They will be offered just one at a time Kevin, correct. Once the first one goes, I'll post the second. Not sure which one I'll post first, I just got home from a day of running around and now I have some thinking to do. I will be cleaning and taking some photographs of the two pistols tomorrow some time. One is a Farmingdale unfired and the other is a Deer Park, NY with the script lettering for the Deer Park, so it's an early piece. Stay tuned for more information and photos.

Eric R.

Try to run it two weekends with ending time Sat or Sun afternoons. Good luck.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
OK guys. . . . . . I just posted the R9 on Gunbroker. I understand about ending on the weekends Kevin, however, the family member that asked me to market these for her is on very limited time, so I posted them today and the sale ends next Wednesday at 1:46 P.M. I believe it will do fine for her regardless. I wrote up a story about that particular pistol. After that one sells, I have one more to post from her. The first one is her husband's gun. He was a shareholder and worked on the frames making them ready for anodizing in those early years. He was a former Grumman employee here on the island. The next one was owned by her father, who passed away when he was in his early 90s! Nice people.

OK. . . . . . Here is the link for the auction on Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/724478028

Good Luck if any of you bid on her. I went over the two guns this morning and took the photographs in the ad.
Both guns have the carbon fiber grips. This one is an early Deer Park, NY R9, whilst the other is a Farmingdale, NY unit.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
Best wishes on the sale, that is a nice looking handgun.  Just wish I was in a position to bid on it right now.

Good to see you helping her, she could not have a better advocate for the authenticity and quality of the pistol.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:19:11 PM »
Thanks Michael.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
Eric, under Characteristics in your add you have the weight of the pistol at 3.0 pounds.  That little porker must really like to eat!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
Eric, under Characteristics in your add you have the weight of the pistol at 3.0 pounds.  That little porker must really like to eat!

That is the "shipping weight" with the two magazines, manuals and the case and a box to put it all in. Total weight about three pounds.

The gun itself is an R9 weight of around 13.2 oz. or so. lol . . . . . . . (There is always a "Rebel Rouser" 'round here. lol)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:41:56 AM by ECR »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:06 PM »
As Gilda Radner was known to say on Saturday Night Live:  “Nevermind”.  ;D
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »
As Gilda Radner was known to say on Saturday Night Live:  “Nevermind”.  ;D

I loved Gilda Radner. . . . . . I still use that saying to this very day. It's a classic!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
OK, some of you have watched the sale on Gunbroker of the first R9 Shareholder gun to go. It just sold this afternoon for $1,425.00! Thank you!

Now here is the link for the second Shareholder R9 on Gunbroker.

Excuse the grease on the barrel, but I took these photographs in not so good of an environment.   :(

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/727895770

Good Luck with your bids to a good cause guys. . . . . . . and Thank You!

Eric R.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:05:50 PM by ECR »

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »
Nice Farmie. 

Maybe I'll ask Santa.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »
It's unmolested Phil . . . . . . .  ::)