Author Topic: Rohrbaugh 380 versus Seecamp 380  (Read 52099 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Rohrbaugh 380 versus Seecamp 380
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 12:10:23 PM »
FB3, I agree  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
   I would never buy a Seecamp .380, I fired one that a friend had, and as FB3 said it was brutal. I told my buddy he should have saved his money. He could have just bought a hammer for 20 bucks to hit himself in the hand. A hammer is cheaper, quieter and you don't have some liberal p---- looking over your shoulder trying to figure out a way to  take it away from you.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »
I do have the .32 Seecamp and really like it.  Came very close to getting the .380, but the wait time was too long, 14 months, last March, so got the R9.  Couldn't be happier.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »
I could make the case for having both the R9 and LWS380, but you probably don't need to hear it from me.   ;D

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:07:14 AM by Ljutic »
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:21:39 AM »
I kept wanting the .380 and kept calling Seecamp, until finally they put me on the waiting list to be called when they would be taking orders again.

It worked out and now I have three.     ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
  I like the size and the quality of the Seecamp 380, and although the recoil doesn't bother me, I just don't really enjoy shooting it, and some of that may come from the absence of sights on the gun. I know for it's intended purpose sights are not needed, but I like having them just the same.
   I didn't like the R9 I had without sights either. I guess I'm just an old fart who has always had a gun with sights, and don't think I want to get used to one without them.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »
I like the Seecamp just because it's a Seecamp; always wanted one and for that reason only.  Now am a happy camper.  

I'm with you on the sights though, and any other gun, I have to have 'em.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:10:10 AM by kjtrains »

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »
Folks, not to be a smart a$$, but the 9mm is far superior to the .380 in every regard and the R9’s give you the opportunity to have 9mm punch in a .380 package.  The R9S I have is less noticeable in recoil than my P3AT and of similar size.  Never fired a Seecamp so cannot speak smartly on it.  But, I am a career solder and have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo from everything imaginable.  I carry a P3AT when running but otherwise, as of today (fired my R9S for the first time) will carry my R9S for every other purpose.  Don’t be worried about “felt recoil.”  By the time you feel the recoil, the round has left the chamber, and if you prepared properly, will be on target.  Even the ladies can learn to deal with that, it’s that first instinctual point and shoot that will save lives, recoil is just an afterthought.  For the ballistics and life saving potential of the 9mm vs. the .380, the choice is easy.  We don’t conceal carry because it is cool, we do so because we may potentially have to save our life or that of a loved one.  Choose wisely.  If Rohrbaugh made the same size gun in .45, I’d carry it and not worry about the recoil.  Just my $.02 for what it’s worth.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
TRe: Rohrbaugh 380 versus Seecamp 380
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
With all due respect, AmmoT, no one here thinks the .380 is superior to the 9mm.  Most of us that have the Seecamp have the R9 as well.  As I stated above, wanted a Seecamp just because it's a Seecamp; no other reason.

We love the R9 and usually in multiples; also like the early Farmingdales with the blue grips; carbon fiber grips, if you will.  Oh!  And someday, hopefully, there will be a Rohrbaugh .45.  Some of us even have made a deposit on it already.

There is room for other guns in one's life, and they certainly don't take the place of the R9; the finest 9mm pocket pistol made on the planet, as Richard would say and I agree.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:48:02 PM by kjtrains »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

Toad,
If you really want to feel some recoil try firing the Seecamp .380. KJ is right; no one here ever rated the .380 superior to the R9. We have a wide and deep range of experience on this forum in military and law enforcement, even some who stay current in sniper qualifications. They rarely talk about it but we are grateful when they share their expertise and knowledge.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
As I have said before, unless you are going "Deep Cover", The Rohrbaugh R9 has made the 380 Seecamp obsolete.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
It's just cool to have both!    ;D At least, for me!    :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:01:17 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
Here is my take on the Seecamp LWS 380 from my short lived experience with it.
 First, the gun is very small and very well made, the fit and finish are in the same class as the Rohrbaugh. Did I mention it's small. (almost looks like a toy)
 It has noticeably more recoil than the R9, mainly due to less to hold on to, and anyone who is the least bit recoil sensitive, will not want to shoot it.
  It could be concealed when nothing else could be, it is beyond a doubt the limit on size that anyone would want to shoot in a 380, and beyond the limit for many.
  I sold mine because I wanted to buy a bullpup rifle and not spend any out of pocket cash, no other reason.
 I decided the Seecamp was what I could do without. I don't have any deep cover carry needs, and when I need to carry something light and small, I have a Kahr P-380.

John
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:05:46 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 07:53:36 AM »
Yep!  Just a matter of wants, for sure!    :)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
Here is my take on the Seecamp LWS 380 from my short lived experience with it.
 First, the gun is very small and very well made, the fit and finish are in the same class as the Rohrbaugh. Did I mention it's small. (almost looks like a toy)
 It has noticeably more recoil than the R9, mainly due to less to hold on to, and anyone who is the least bit recoil sensitive, will not want to shoot it.
  It could be concealed when nothing else could be, it is beyond a doubt the limit on size that anyone would want to shoot in a 380, and beyond the limit for many.
  I sold mine because I wanted to buy a bullpup rifle and not spend any out of pocket cash, no other reason.
 I decided the Seecamp was what I could do without. I don't have any deep cover carry needs, and when I need to carry something light and small, I have a Kahr P-380.

John

Sounds very logical to me.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE