Author Topic: ATTENTION New Members (and Potential Members)  (Read 37654 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: ATTENTION New Members (and Potential Members)
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »
JR.  Welcome to the Forum and in soon to get the R9.  If you don't have a dealer, contact Tom Watson of The Irish Guard Firearms; he's a member here on the Forum and will be glad to help.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
JR.  Welcome to the Forum and in soon to get the R9.  If you don't have a dealer, contact Tom Watson of The Irish Guard Firearms; he's a member here on the Forum and will be glad to help.  Again, welcome.

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't exactly have a dealer in mind yet - no one near me is a dealer. But very near (like within a mile) of my wife's parents home there IS a dealer - and we have to go there next week anyway so I plan to stop and see if they have anything in stock. At Thanksgiving time they did not but were expecting some in. If they DO have stock, a pup may just follow me home ...

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
JR, A warm welcome from me as well. I see you are from the frozen north, I moved from south of Buffalo to NC about seven years ago. (I don't miss the snow  ;D)
   I see you are a member at PAFOA, I have been selling pistol brass to reloaders on there for several months.

John
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:04:15 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2010, 01:08:09 PM »
I moved from south of Buffalo to NC about seven years ago.

You should be very glad right about now for that move! They have gotten a LOT of snow the last 2 weeks and have been generous enough to have shared some with the town I live in; we have good friends in NC - former neighbors on our street.

I am a member of PAFOA under the same screen name - I lurk a lot but post little. It's a lot friendlier here ...

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »

You should be very glad right about now for that move! They have gotten a LOT of snow the last 2 weeks and have been generous enough to have shared some with the town I live in; we have good friends in NC - former neighbors on our street.

I am a member of PAFOA under the same screen name - I lurk a lot but post little. It's a lot friendlier here ...

I have had 7 years of being glad I moved here, better weather and it is a much friendlier state to gun owners.
  I have only posted on the PA forum in the classifieds, I don't have time to post in the other sections as I am on about fifteen + forums selling brass ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »
John.  We're glad to have you in NC.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
kj, Thanks,
 Not everyone down here is happy to see yankees. :o ;D
    It hasn't been much warmer here than up North the last week or so. :o But I'm not in snow up to my assets. One of our friends back home said they got 4' of snow and the forecast was calling for 2 more, that I don't miss. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline gunthorp

• I do what the voices in her head tell me
    • Gunthorp
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
Hello R9ers!  I've been referring my Rohrbaugh customers to this great forum, and if there's an extra seat, I thought I might sit in.  I keep an R9s available for test driving.  It's trigger has such a perfect let off that the gun stays rock steady when the hammer drops.
The nick of time comes right before the moment lost.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
gunthorp, Welcome to the group, there is always an open spot for anyone interested in the pup.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »
Hello R9ers!  I've been referring my Rohrbaugh customers to this great forum, and if there's an extra seat, I thought I might sit in.  I keep an R9s available for test driving.  It's trigger has such a perfect let off that the gun stays rock steady when the hammer drops.

gunthorp.  Welcome to the Forum.  A seat is always available.  Come on in and stay awhile!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:10 PM »
gunthorp:

And a welcome from me as well. I certainly agree with you about the R9's trigger.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline gunthorp

• Gunthorp
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2011, 06:21:22 PM »
Thank you all very much for the welcome.  I have been a  Rohrbaugh dealer for several years.  All those whom I have served are as delighted with their pups as they are with the Kahrs and Kimbers I recommend.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
gunthorp,
      Very nice web site you have and a good writeup on the R9.
I see you are from the frozen North, I'll pry for sunshine for you. ;D

Again Welcome aboard and good job referring your R9 customers here.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline gunthorp

• Gunthorp
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »
Thanks John,

My mission statement says it all.

"Arm the Republic with dependable quality and knowledge"

Safe Regards,

Gardner

Offline eyed

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
This is my first post, No Spam here.  I'm glad to be a newbie after many hours lurking this past week, (It really didn't take a week to know this would be a great community to get to know).  Thanks for all the excellent information. I graduated to my first R9s eight days ago, after progressing thru Keltec and Ruger 380's over the last year or so. I was trying to decide if I really wanted any pocket pistol.
This little gun has answered most of those concerns. I look forward to learning more from you and buying a few of the well designed additions to care and functionality of this liitle beauty.