Author Topic: Selling my R9  (Read 7003 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Selling my R9
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:34:44 PM »
  I have decided to sell my R9.
    I bought it new in 2010.I have fired,I am guessing,less than 200 rounds thru it.It has no issues and I have taken very good care of it.
        Included are 3 good holsters,9 mags,VZ Grips,extra springs,pins,and bushings I think they are called.I wanted to get some accessories before they were not available anymore. I also have the box it came in,the 2 booklets,and original sales receipt.
      I am selling it through an FFL.here in town.It is:
                                               Northwoods archery and Guns
                                                 105 Airport Road
                                                  Shawano,Wi.
                                                                54166  (715-5248773)
          If interested you can call or text me if you any questions.My cell is 7153047565.
                                                     Wisconsin deer hunting starts this Saturday,therefore I may be hard to get a hold of.
                                                                                       John Stapleton

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Selling my R9
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »

Forum rules generally require a price for anything you want to sell.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »
  I failed to do that.
  $1600.00

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:05:33 AM »
That is one of the newer models we made. Should be interesting to see the photographs. I'll chime in if anything comes to mind about this particular pistol. Having assembled most of them myself, so I have a pretty good idea.  ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:26:51 AM »
Eric,
The serial number is 5201,if that tells you anything.
   I am selling that, a Knighthawk T3,and a Glock27.I am keeping my Ed Brown Lightweight Kobra,which has my military id.stamped as the serial number.I think it was like $20 more.
    If the Rohrbaugh doesn't move,I don't really care.I hemmed and hawed off and on for a long time debating putting it up for sale.
 My Glock,and the Knighthawk I would like to get rid of.I have been going the revolver path lately.Our interests change.
                                                                                                                 johnny

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »
Ah haa. . . . Interesting thing about revolvers. . . . My brother Karl and I both have been using revolvers the past few years now. . . . But I believe it's because we hate picking up the brass!  lol. 

Ref. 5200 serial numbers. . . . they were standard Rohrbaugh fair by that time. . . . . just chugging along by then.  ;-)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:34:44 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:05:05 AM »
     My R9 is still available.
 If interested you can respond thru the forum and I will give you my number and would try to send some pictures of everything.
                                                                                                                                   Johnny

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
Most of us already have 3 holsters, extra mags, etc. Makes this a little pricey....might try separate sales?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 05:47:12 PM »
   Thanks for being up front backupr9,
   I was kind of wondering what was going on here.I guess if I want it to move I will have to come up with a better price.
        I never made a penny on a gun in my life.My wife doesn't know that.She always was wondering why I felt I always needed a new gun."They are good investments Honey." "like jewelry."
                                                                                              Thanks again.What a nice forum.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
Eric,
The serial number is 5201,if that tells you anything.
   I am selling that, a Knighthawk T3,and a Glock27.I am keeping my Ed Brown Lightweight Kobra,which has my military id.stamped as the serial number.I think it was like $20 more.
    If the Rohrbaugh doesn't move,I don't really care.I hemmed and hawed off and on for a long time debating putting it up for sale.
 My Glock,and the Knighthawk I would like to get rid of.I have been going the revolver path lately.Our interests change.
                                                                                                                 johnny

Just wondering what military ID are you referring to? They used to use our socials on I.D. cards and just recently it's a DOD I.D. number.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 03:09:37 AM »
  Back when I went in the Army,1966,you were given a military id.If you enlisted,it began with the letters  RA,followed by 8 numerical digits.
  The RA stood for Regular Army.3 year commitment.If you were drafted,your id began with US,followed by a set of numbers.The US stood for United States Army.2 year commitment.
   When I had my military id put on my ED Brown,they were only able to fit the 8 numbers on there.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »
  Actually,now that I think of it,it may not have been lack of room on the frame,but for what ever reason,Travis,the guy who took the order said they would not be able to put the prefix on the gun.I assumed it was lack of space,but maybe some regulation was a factor.
    Eric would know.Eric?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »
It could just be their stamping equipment can only handle so many characters.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 02:55:27 PM »
I would go with what MRC suggested. There is no reason you can not have a prefix as part of the serial number on your firearm. Lack of having that available at that shop may have been a factor in this particular case.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 08:56:18 PM »
In '69 it was our SS number.  The U.S. Army gave me an old 1911 .45 that rattled when you shook it.  I kept cigarettes and extra socks in the holster when not at risk.  Good luck with your sale.  I still carry my R9 Covert as my EDC, alternating here in north Florida with a .32 Seecamp when weather/clothing requires a smaller weapon.  With all of our recent news stories I'm beginning to think I should carry a high cap Glock or my H&K .40 and just wear a trench coat in 85 degree weather.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis