Author Topic: Of Hope and Miracles  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Of Hope and Miracles
« on: October 24, 2005, 09:14:59 PM »
I have been out of touch for the past two weeks accompanying my beloved little wife while she underwent a series of medical tests, including a complete PET scan, to evaluate her recovery from lung cancer.  (I mentioned her situation on a previous thread -- http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1126884963;start=).

I find myself far behind on my reading of the Forum, and I shall try to catch up in the coming days.  In that regard, all of you in southern Florida have my best wishes in the aftermath of Hurricane Wilma.  I hope that you and yours were spared injury or damage from the storm.

The miracle, born of hope, which I wish now to share is that my wife's PET scan shows absolutely no evidence of cancer remaining in her body.  For one who, just twelve months ago, was given only three months to live, she gives new meaning to the power of hope and faith.  And we both find it truly miraculous that we are once again planning our future together rather than planning her estate.

I post these comments in the hope that my wife's experience may give added strength to any and all of you whose lives or  loved ones have been threatened by the monster we know as cancer.  There is hope, and miracles are happening.  Keep the hope, and expect a miracle.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Of Hope and Miracles
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »
Richard

Don't know what to say except,  WONDERFUL!!
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Of Hope and Miracles
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:52:38 PM »
Richard,

I'm so very happy for you and your wife.

Thank you for sharing your good fortune with your friends here.

Bill  
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:13:56 AM by Michigunner »