Author Topic: New Guy from Oklahoma  (Read 1800 times)

Offline USSWaddell

New Guy from Oklahoma
« on: March 27, 2010, 02:23:44 AM »
Greetings everyone!  I’ve been a lurking for a couple of months while I was considering a Rohrbaugh and decided I’d better sign up after buying a R9s a couple of weeks ago.  I’ve been spending the evening browsing through your member’s thoughts on accessories.  Much appreciated!  Am originally from Iowa, served in the Navy during the 80s and have settled in Oklahoma for eight years now.  Thanks for your help in making Rohrbaugh my selection for a pocket pistol.  I look forward to spending some of my online time with you all.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: New Guy from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:17:33 AM »
   USSWaddell, thank you for joining us! I truly think that this is the best gun forum on the internet. You'll find lots of good advice, good stories and good people here. So pull up a chair and feel at home. Post often!     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
Waddell.  Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on getting the R9.  Again, welcome.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »
Waddel,
    Welcome and enjoy the company and time spent here.
     I spent a little time in OK in the mid 70s, at Ft. Sill. Hot, and dusty come to mind, but basic training wasn't about seeing the sights and meeting the locals.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
USSWaddell, welcome to the forum, enjoy and post often. The best way to get the extra stuff is call Rohrbaugh and Maria will help you. 800 803 2233  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline USSWaddell

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
Well.... I took the R9 to the range today and went through 36 rounds of WWB.  Toward the end, I had a realization of why you guys call it a puppy.  That little pistol barks!  My hand hurts.  

Overall... I like it a lot!  I explained to my son that different weapons have different purposes.  The R9 certainly is not a shooter.... it's a pocket pistol 9mm with maximum power out of the smalled size possible.  As such, it was not made for enjoyable shooting.....it's meant to get the job done.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »
Waddell.  Good range outing. Glad you like the R9.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
USSWaddell:

As one who grew up hunting through the red clay and blackjacks along the banks of the Arkansas River in north-central Oklahoma but now "hang my hat in Tennessee," I welcome you to the Forum and to the Club! And thank you for your service to our country. You will find some fine former Navy types around here.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"