Author Topic: Golf Anyone?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Golf Anyone?
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
Not very practical, but looks like fun.

http://www.tromix.com/GB-Monster.htm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:07:58 AM by MRC »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Golf Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »
And where, and on whom does the ball come down?  Kinda reminds me of the nutcases in the middle east firing their AK's into the air....wonder how many people have been injured by the bullet's return accelerating at 9.8ft/sec/sec until slowed by air resistance.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
I think thats called Red Neck gulf here in the South. ;D ;D

Then again how much property and many people are injured by golfers each year ? :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
Tactical Golf............I think it would catch on at our gun club. :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
I like it...handy to have available when the last guy in the group in front starts pumb-bobbing his 3 foot put for a triple bogey!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »

I've seen that one many times. When I was 16 I became so impatient with one of those types on a par three that I hit into them just as they were walking off the green. One of them took exception to that and hit it back to me. Golf can be a dangerous game in certain parties.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
Seems fun, to shoot at the range!     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »
I could have used one of these for self defense on another occasion on the golf course in high school. As my opponent was lining up a five foot putt I, standing behind him, asked him to get it close. He took exception to that square needle jab by raising up, turning 270 degrees, and flinging his putter at me as I hit the deck. Yes, indeed, golf can be a dangerous game.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
One time at a course in S. Carolina I played with an older couple, a retired Army colonel and his wife.  A group of beefy youngsters keep hitting into us while we were waiting for the group ahead.  Finally one rolled up to the colonel and he hit it back to them.  They came roaring up in a cart.  He watched them come, reached into his bag and retrieved a 1911 .45.  Holding it at his side when they arrived, he politely asked them if they had some kind of a problem.  They left without speaking.  Nowadays that would have put him in jail, but I enjoyed it immensely.  Golf can be dangerous!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

That is a great story. Who would think about packing a .45 in a golf bag? There was an older gentleman here at a municipal golf course who was approached by some young thugs from across the creek. They said that  they would kill him if he didn't give them his money. He said to go ahead and do it because his life wasn't worth anything anyway if they took his money. They thought about that, turned around, and left the course.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »
Gotta love the "put up or shut up" response, but nowadays the thugs will just beat you to death for fun.  I'm no spring chicken with a bad knee of recent onset, and my wife is using a walker after recent spine surgery with 9 months of rehab facing her.  We are a set up for thugs every time we leave the house....I've always carried legally, but now carry two and practice careful situational awareness.  Interestingly, I've heard that around here one of the most dangerous places for a woman or a potential victim (elderly, infirm) seems to be a Walmart parking lot during business hours. 
John

ps:  I've carried a pistol in golf bag on occasion, but usually because I didn't want to leave it in the my convertible while playing.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:23 PM »
It sounds to me like you are forewarned and forearmed. Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/v/vsVCHE7ayPE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:56:27 PM by tracker »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 11:45:50 PM »
It's just a game and in my experience a lot of the bar room athletes who are skilled at pool, shuffleboard, or bowling are also good golfers. Additionally, a lot of them can relate to flying airplanes. I had a friend in your neck of the woods at NAS Whiting Field near Milton who was good  at anything related to manual dexterity. He would rather spend his time playing shuffleboard at a local bar than do training flights and turned an 18 month program into two years. He was absent so many times they lost him for two months before they caught up with him and he also spent a lot of time on the golf course where he was equally skilied. He was later designated a Naval Aviator and flew helicopters with the same innate touch and feel that he practiced in the bars.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:14:15 AM by tracker »

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:10:42 AM »
You are right Tracker, and I'm jealous becasue I'm not skilled at any of them.... :)  It's all fun, and any thing that gets one away from work with friends is typically a good thing...
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop