Author Topic: Silver Framed Kimber Solo's  (Read 2856 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Silver Framed Kimber Solo's
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
I see there is a silver framed Solo on GB.  Nine hours to go and already at $1500.00.  That makes the Boberg bids look pretty tame.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=265387084

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Silver Framed Kimber Solo's
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »
And 17 bids!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
I already really liked my black framed one and at half the price I like it even more.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »
I do like the looks but paying that much is is just plain...... well you know. ;D
  For that money I can get a two tone and send it to Robar for the NP3 and have money left for ammo & a holster and the NP3 will be better than the factory finish.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
I have great affection for my Kimber Ultra II .45, but have heard nothing about the Solo that impresses me (and a few things that are scary).  For that price I'd definitely rather have the Boberg.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »
Cannot believe someone would pay that.  I had good luck wiht my SOLO in the beginning, the more I shot it, the worse it got...therefore, it found a new home. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
Toad

Sorry to hear about your Solo.  It is the pistol I now carry the most and the more I shoot it the better I like it.  I have not given it the workout that you did, but it is still 100% reliable with over 300 rounds through it.  The most accurate "Micro-Nine" that I have shot also and the easiest to shoot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:38:22 PM by MRC »

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
MRC, glad to hear you are having good luck with yours.  I really liked how mine shot and handled too.  I had one of the very early ones so perhaps it was a dud.  Happened to me with the early Khar PM's, then several years later I heard nothing but good things about them.  When Khar released the CM9, I got one and have abused it with no notable issues at all, and it's not picky about ammo either.  For ~$450, it's a hard one to beat, and Khar sent me a free 7rd mag with the mail in offer.  I carry it when I'm around the house, or working in the garage.  The R9 is still my choice when I leave home though....however, once I saw the chincy (IMO) spring set up under the grip, I'm starting to question that.  Anyways, they are all fun to shoot and talk about.  Great to hear everyone’s differing experiences with the various guns. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:00:49 PM »
The PM9 is my second favorite.  Mine is 100% with over 800 rounds through it including lots of my practice reloads.

The Solo just seems to point more natural for me.

Have my name in on a Boberg, but it is a long time before I see it.  I was wrong when I thought it would never get to production.