Author Topic: WTS: Farmingdale R9s - carbon fiber - 3 mags  (Read 5406 times)

Offline FJC

• Expert
WTS: Farmingdale R9s - carbon fiber - 3 mags
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:29:32 PM »
I have for sale a Farmingale model R9s, with the original bluish carbon-fiber grips.  I have the original box, 3 magazines, an RJ Hedley pocket mag holder, and a PCS pocket holster.  Unfortunately I can't find the user manual, but I'll keep looking for that.  Pistol has about 150 rounds through it and runs like a champ.   It looks great, the only mark on it is a small rub in the finish on the trigger guard.  You can't feel it running a finger over it, but it is visible.  A picture below shows it.

I'll sell this for $1100 shipped, payment via USPS Money Order.  Your FFL must take shipment from a non-FFL (as my dealer that was shipping for me suddenly doesn't do that service any more).

Pictures:

Blemish:

--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline FJC

• Expert
Re: WTS: Farmingdale R9s - carbon fiber - 3 mags
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:13 PM »
Sold, pending funds.  Thanks everyone!
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »
Someone is getting a real classic!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:22:12 PM »
 I would have loved to have bought it but my FFL won't accept unless from other FFL's.  Nice looking piece.
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »
I would have loved to have bought it but my FFL won't accept unless from other FFL's.  Nice looking piece.

Sounds like it's time to find you a new FFL.  
 ;)

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:33:08 PM »

Previously this wasn't an issue for me, as a local dealer would take and ship them for me for a $40 fee.  It's been a while, though, and I called them up prior to posting and was told, "oh, we're not doing that any more right now."  No idea why they stopped.  I also talked to another guy that I deal with who runs his business out of his house - he had never done it and seemed hesitant.  Thus - right now I don't have an FFL that'll do it for me...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:33:42 PM by FJC »
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »
It's just a guess but it may be a perception among FFLs that the BATF is exercising more scrutiny than they did in the past and are tightening the screws.

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 07:42:18 PM »
Someone is getting a real classic!   8)

Thanks.  That would be me  ;D

I've been looking for an R9s just like this for awhile, so needless to say I was very excited when it became available.  Frank has been great to deal with.  

David

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »
David.  Congratulations.  Excellent buy.  Enjoy!  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:49 AM »
David:

Congratulations on scoring that Farmingdale! Although the photographs do not show the little beauty's serial number, I believe you may have one of the first 47 R9s to be released to the public and before the Rohrbaugh factory was moved from Farmingdale to Deer Park. The serial numbers for those first 47 started with "101" and bore no "R" prefix. I own the 32nd of those 47 (i.e., serial number 132). [I suspect that Karl and Eric Rohrbaugh may own numbers 101 and 102.   8) ]
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
David:

Congratulations on scoring that Farmingdale! Although the photographs do not show the little beauty's serial number, I believe you may have one of the first 47 R9s to be released to the public and before the Rohrbaugh factory was moved from Farmingdale to Deer Park. The serial numbers for those first 47 started with "101" and bore no "R" prefix. I own the 32nd of those 47 (i.e., serial number 132). [I suspect that Karl and Eric Rohrbaugh may own numbers 101 and 102.   8) ]

Richard, although I at first thought the same thing, after looking at it for hours and hours I do belive It looks like it would be in the range of R188 to me.   I'm no professional but my gutt (fairly large) makes me feel that I am pretty close.

PS.  I must confess I may have cheated just a little in my guess.  ::)  http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1099008159;start=5#5

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
Corey:

You're spot on the mark! Good "intell" gathering.  

That is still one fine, classic, early-issue R9. (As another member once noted, "Ya gotta love those 'Farmies'."   8) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
It's actually number R138.  :)

A close up picture with the brightness/contrast adjusted to show the serial number clearly:

--Frank C. (FJC)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
Even better!!!!!!!!

Offline ccw

• I believe in gun control.  All in the X ring.
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 01:48:44 AM »

"Congratulations on scoring that Farmingdale! Although the photographs do not show the little beauty's serial number, I believe you may have one of the first 47 R9s to be released to the public and before the Rohrbaugh factory was moved from Farmingdale to Deer Park. The serial numbers for those first 47 started with "101" and bore no "R" prefix. I own the 32nd of those 47 (i.e., serial number 132). [I suspect that Karl and Eric Rohrbaugh may own numbers 101 and 102.   Cool ] "

Richard, after number 147, no R prefix, was the number then R148? or did the numbering back up to R101?  I ask because I am lucky to have R 149.