Author Topic: DRT Tool  (Read 14971 times)

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: DRT Tool
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
Pm sent

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
I like both of those ideas.  Sadly I have no engraving equipment so the Rohrbaugh coat of arms is not something I can do in my basement.  I have looked into having it engraved elsewhere and it would drive the cost of the tool up through the roof unless I was doing 50 - 100 pcs at a time.  And so far I only have 4 orders.  HOWEVER, if I ever do get enough orders to justify engraving I'll replace any previously sold DRT's at no additional charge. 

The holster idea is something I was talking to my son about just yesterday.  While I can't do much for already existing holsters I'm going to try to incorporate a DRT into any Rohrbaugh holsters I make in the future.   

Thanks for the suggestions. 

Brian
Brian@DesignerGrips.com

That sound like a very clever idea. Looking forward to getting mine. Thank you.

Please post pics of your incorporation of the DRT into a holster. That sounds neat.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
I just want to let everyone know that I'm still waiting for my shipment of allen (Hex) keys.  According to the tracking info they were shipped on the 20th and have been sitting in a USPS facility in Chicago since the 21st.  I'm contacting the company now to see if they can help me out.  If not I'll just order another batch of them.   Sorry for the delay on the DRT's but I'll get it straightened out as soon as I can.

Brian
404-863-7640

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 07:04:45 PM »
My order of Hex Keys finally arrived and the DRT's are ready to ship.  I think I have sent everyone who placed an order either an email or a PM giving them the payment info.  In case I missed anyone The DRT's run $25 and it is payable via PayPal to:

Brian@DesignerGrips.com

If you want to place an order please send me your name and address first.  PM's are ok but email works better for me.   

Thank you everyone for the orders. 

Brian
BRIAN@DESIGNERGRIPS.COM.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
Thanks Brian, I received my DRT Tool today and it looks and works great.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 05:28:05 PM »
Email sent

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 07:05:18 PM »
By now everyone has probably gotten their DRT's. (If not it should be there shortly.)

Would you take a minute and critique them for me.  I'd like to hear if there is anything at all that you would change to make it better and more useful.  I want to put the best, most useful tool that I can out there so your suggestions will be welcome.  And if you want something on the one I sent you changed let me know and I'll see if I can make it happen at no charge to you.

I hope you're enjoying the tools.  Thanks for your business.

Brian
Brian@DesigherGrips.com   

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday...absolutely beautiful workmanship...a little jewel!  I have not had a chance to use it but have no doubts about it.  Thank you Brian!
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
Mine came in today...Thanks Brian, you are an "Artiste".
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
Brian,
    This tool looks very handy. I've got a couple of RJs originals and they are  a great help.
I'm sure they are but are the hex keys you use well made? We all know what happens when the head deforms on one.
I guess it could be used for the punch then? I use the tool to help hold open the slide for proper clearance to punch out slide pin. Just trying to figure out if a punch could be incorporated into the tool also?
Looks like I'll buy one anyhow. I love the nifty tools especially when it comes to dealing with the Pup!!
Thanks for going the extra mile.
B
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 07:31:15 PM »
Hi Brendon.

I purchased hex keys that I think are very good. They are sold as an extra torque heat treated 8650 chrome nickel alloy.  I'm very wary of the aluminum threads in the frame so I make sure not to over tighten my grips screws.   I believe the narrow width of the brass on the DRT helps by not allowing you to put as much torque on the screw as you might with the long end of a standard hex.  That said, I think the trick with any hex key is to make sure you use the right size and that is properly seated before and during rotation. 

Regards.

Brian
Brian@DesignerGrips.com

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »
Brian:      Received my DRT tool today. Tested it in action and it worked flawlessly. Great job. It would have been better if you had signed it with your initals, fancy scrolling or R9 on it, but then it may have cost me $125.00. Thanks

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
Thanks Mannylinda,

My initials happen to be BS... Are you sure you want them on you tool?    ;D

Brian
Brian@DesignerGrips.com

PS.  Glad you like it.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »
You could put the word "NO" in front of them.

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »
That's a good idea but people that know me know better.   ;D ;D ;D