Author Topic: Collaboration with William Henry Studio  (Read 29305 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Collaboration with William Henry Studio
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
I really like the custom knives William Henry Studio Produces and would be really interested to see what the two companies could come up with if working together. Specifically I would love to see some custom WH grips for an R9 or something like that. Also in the long shot this happens I call dips on one of them!

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: Collaboration with William Henry Studio
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »
Just checked out William Henry Studios.  They really make some impressive stuff!!  I am a big money clip fan and am thinking about ordering 'me' a Christmas gift.  Knives and pens are steep, but craftsmanship and materials might be worth the cost if I just have a load of $100's burning a hole in my pocket one of these days.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:25:23 PM »
Yeah WH knives are quite pricey but they are literally made from the best/most exotic materials on earth (and in some cases space). It would be cool to see a matching knife/R9 carry set. I am working on getting an R9 (elite with factory CF grips) that would go nicely with my CF GenTec automatic. Once I get the R9 all set up Ill post pics of the two together.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
I agree with you on the William Henry Knives.  I have a couple of their autos but I am having trouble finding them lately.  Do you have any suggestions where to look for a selection of their autos?

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:11:48 PM »
        MRC, the A.G. Russell catalogue is always a good place to start looking. I've bought a lot of knives from him over the years and have never been dissatisfied with a tranaction.     Gene
birdman

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
I dont think WH has released any autos since 2006/2007. Right now www.jaysknives.com/williamhenryknives.html has two for sale. Other sites to check are www.arizonacustomknives.com, www.nicnac.net, and www.bladehq.com. My favorite site to do business with is BladeHQ and they had by far the largest selection and best prices when the knives where in production.

I agree with you on the William Henry Knives.  I have a couple of their autos but I am having trouble finding them lately.  Do you have any suggestions where to look for a selection of their autos?
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I did not know that they were not producing autos at this time.  I guess I will keep looking.

Those two on Jays are not autos, just button locks.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:48:18 PM by MRC »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 10:55:15 AM »
Specifically, what are you looking for?
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
BlueC2

I really did not have anything specific in mind.  My tastes run to the smaller "Gent's Knives" which would be the B05 up to the B10's.

Thanks for the help.  I might contact William Henry by phone and see if they are making any automatics right now.  I did three or so years ago and they really don't even want to talk about autos on the phone.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
 Here are a few Pics of My W-H  GenTac (1 of 50) .  It has Mammoth tooth inlay on a Titanium Frame, with Wave Damascus steel. WH Creates the Blade then sends it off to Japan to be finished by a Master Samarai sword maker. The release has a diamond in it The action is like butter and it is so sharp it is unreal. ( Gun by Nighthawk Custom, Lightweight Talon II )

Chief
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:35:26 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:49 PM »
What are your opinions about the Rohrbaugh knive?
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
Jack.  It's made by Kershaw, and IMHO is nice; very sharp and holds its' edge.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »
 Cheif,

Nice looking WH! I will try to post pics of mine with the R9 soon.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 08:44:49 AM »
 I was lucky in that I was able to catch up to the W-H rep for a special trunk show. She had (3) suitcases full of W-H Knives and so I was able to Pick through them. This was the only "Blue" knife in the bunch and had the options I was after.  I have since sent it back to the factory and had the pocket clip removed and  a lanyard installed. I am faster at drawing with that. The knife has a very nice Leather case and the Lanyard is Black with Silver Tips (Actual Silver not just the color) W-H is first class all the way. Very good people to work with)

Chief
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:14:26 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »
Chief,

I would love to see a pic of that beauty when you get it back.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.