Author Topic: .45 LC silvertips  (Read 3532 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
.45 LC silvertips
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
   I remember a few weeks back some of the members were looking for silvertips in .45 LC. I was browsing the ammo sites a few minutes ago and found some on ammotogo.com. Dollar a rd. Thought I'd pass it on.     Gene     attn. KJ
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: .45 LC silvertips
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »
Gene, thanks!   Been looking for these for a long time.  Placed an order.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »
well I guess Gene is our go to ammo guy. 8)   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:47:28 PM »
Yep; he's a big help.  I had got tired of looking!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
kj,
   Sorry I dropped the ball, I forgot you were looking for them, I ordered a box a couple of days ago from there.   :(

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »
Thanks anyway, John.  They're on their way.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »
  Ammotogo is my favorite ammo site for several reasons. The prices are pretty competitive, and I like the fact that they only display what they have to sell. You don't have to wade through several pages of things they don't have. It's kinda funny,I live 80 miles from Lewiston, Idaho where Speer has their Gold Dot plant and for the last couple years  I've been buying them from Texas. Damn! I love this country!!        Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
Gene.  I'm now looking for Winchester .32 ACP Silvertips.  I guess they will become available after 4/15/10 when Winchester starts producing again.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
KJ, I think we'er out of luck as far any more ST's are concerned til the new production gets going. I have no idea where ammotogo came up with those long colts. They also have .45 acp in silvertips but I have enough of those to last me the rest of my life! Anyway, should I run into any ST's for your Seecamp I'll certainly let you know. (right after I get some for myself!)        Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:55:52 PM »
Hey Gene.  You're supposed to look after others first, but I understand.    ;D

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/ has silvertips in 10mm, 40 and 45lc too. Formally known as www.proammo.com
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:33:00 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
Ammo to go is $1.04 cheaper a box on the .45 LC Silvertips, but still good to know another source.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
  The last 9mm silvertips I bought was at a gun show over a year ago. I still have trouble sitting after that transaction. If I saw that price now, and the fact that it was even available it probably look like a pretty good deal. Better days a comin'    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
I know the feeling.  There for a while in '09, I was getting 9mm Silvertips everytime I saw them.  Now, glad I did.    :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
Just discovered a backorder of an ample supply of .45 Silvertips from Sportsman's Guide, that was placed sometime in '09, that I had forgot about, shipped 4/9/10, to deliver today.  Geez.  I'm going to have to start writing these backorders down!    :)

Ammotogo, for another ample suppy, is supposed to deliver today as well.  This was not a backorder.  Just placed order the other day as noted above.

Oh, well.  The Ruger Alaskan and the Taurus Judge likes 'em.    :)