Author Topic: "What Constitution?"  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
"What Constitution?"
« on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
When it comes to the United States Constitution, I am what they call "a strict constructionist." However, some people among us seem to have taken as gospel a passage from Lewis Carroll's novel, Through the Looking Glass:

When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.’

‘The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master – that’s all.’

If the material at this link doesn't inspire those of us who support the Second Amendment to support its preservation, I don't know what would:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2013/4/bloomberg-says-interpretation-of-constitution-has-to-change.aspx

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: "What Constitution?"
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
Right on Richard!  Bllomberg is just a Mayor and that's all!  He's a little too big for his britches.

And another thing folks, our congress almost gave away our gun rights to the United Nations, save 4 votes!

All members of Congress whom voted FOR the treaty should be up for TREASON!

Foreign nations have NO business telling us what kind of small weapons we can own as citizens!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: "What Constitution?"
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
I think the Senate vote was only a statement of opposition to the ATT. After the UN passes a resolution the president could sign it and then it would have to be ratified by a two thirds vote from the Senate. This UN treaty was a long way from becoming an onerous law in the USofA but it is certainly an attention grabber.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:16:35 PM by tracker »