Author Topic: DeSantis Pocket Shot Holster for R9S?  (Read 9344 times)

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
Re: DeSantis Pocket Shot Holster for R9S?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
Would you still have the same concerns IF it was the only item in the rear pocket?  I have a great front pocket holster that covers the trigger & I suppose could be carried in the back pocket.

I like the element of surprise with it appearing as a wallet.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
kewsi.  I'm concerned about maybe pulling the trigger while pulling the wallet out of the back pocket; as John points out, Murphy's law is always present.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:07:20 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Would you still have the same concerns IF it was the only item in the rear pocket?  I have a great front pocket holster that covers the trigger & I suppose could be carried in the back pocket.

I like the element of surprise with it appearing as a wallet.

I think it would be OK carried alone in the rear pocket but I believe it would be more difficult to draw in a ready position  from a rear pocket. The intent of that holster in my opinion is that when your hand comes out of the pocket your gripping the   unit and are ready to put your finger on the trigger. A rear pocket draw of the holster gun combo is going to be more difficult due to the added thickness, it's not always easy to pull a much lighter wallet out of the back pocket. Add the adrenalin, fear, and stress of an encounter involving the need to defend yourself or loved ones and things could go downhill real fast. Also rear pockets are usually smaller and tighter.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
Yankee: you may be right!  It did fit fine in my jeans pocket.  I guess I'll know better after it arrives & I can practice drawing it.  I guess I got caught up in the moment.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »
It may work well for you and I hope it doe's.
   The thing I like about front pocket carry is that isn't at all unnatural to see a someone strolling along or standing around with there hand in the front pocket, it's pretty strange to see someone with there hand in there back pocket unless getting ready to pay for something.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:16:57 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »
It may work well for you and I hope it doe's.
   The thing I like about front pocket carry is that isn't at all unnatural to see a someone strolling along or standing around with there hand in the front pocket,quote]

Front pocket carry does not work in my jeans.  I only use that holster with shorts, etc.  I have a IWB that I use if I'm carrying the R9 vs other caliber.

Regarding having your hand in your back pocket: not sure I understand your thinking.  If I was being robbed I would be reaching in my rear pocket to hand over my wallet/pistol.  What am I not understanding about your thought?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:28:29 AM by kwesi »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
Yankee: you may be right!  It did fit fine in my jeans pocket.  I guess I'll know better after it arrives & I can practice drawing it.  I guess I got caught up in the moment.

I didn't realize you were referring to only the rear pocket of your jeans.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kwesi

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Understood.