Author Topic: Tom Watson/The Irish Guard has passed away.  (Read 7794 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Tom Watson/The Irish Guard has passed away.
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
Tom Watson passed away recently and he will be missed. I had a R9S Stealth on order from the factory with him. His brother called me to tell me about his death and refund my deposit check which was very nice of him. I called the factory about my gun on order and Maria was her usual self...what can I do to help you? She is the best/they are the best. My gun is going to be shipped to another FFL for delivery. Thank you.  If any other members had business with Tom on order, you may want to discuss with his brother @ 720-466-9595, and with Marie@Rohrbaugh. Rohrbaugh is a class act of a company, and there is a saying, " If the student has learned, then the teacher has taught." It all begins at the top. Thanks Rohrbaugh.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Tom Watson/The Irish Guard has passed away.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
Tom will be missed by all on this forum. My prayers go out to his family.

RIP Tom

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
Tom, rest in peace my forum brother.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »
So sorry to hear about Tom.  Our thoughts and prayers be with his family. 
He really liked these pups and those that felt the same.  Tom will be missed.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
From one Army veteran to another, farewell, my friend. We'll see you in Valhalla.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
Very sad news. Rest in peace Tom.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »
Just saw this on Tom's passing.  We had not spoken for a long while but managed to have a nice phone conversation several weeks ago.  Tom was saying how easily he was getting worn out but managed to continue on the phone while we caught up on each others lives. He was more interested to hear about how things were for my family and 14 month old grandson. As his ALS continued to get worse over the years Tom still always had high spirits. I got several guns from Tom - always a great honest man to deal with.  The Seecamp and R9 I carry came through Tom and will now have a more special meaning - plus they ride in RJ Hedley Holsters - another fine man gone from us. 

When we last talked Tom once again remarked how much he cared for his service black lab Isley.   It is amazing all Isley did for Tom to make his days easier.  I hope Isley goes to a great home. 
We'll miss you Tom.
Dave
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:06:09 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
    I just got word recently of Tom's passing. I'm so sorry to hear it. I never met Tom face to face. but we talked many times and I bought a lot of guns from him. I always found him to be one of the most honest and trustworthy people I've ever dealt with. I'll miss him and so will this forum. Does anyone know who is handling Tom's business now? I would to get in touch with them if possible. Goodbye RIP Tom. Gene
birdman

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »

Gene,

There was a recent post, I think from Duane, that said Tom 's business would be closed; he does have a brother but I don't think he was involved in Tom's arms business; just a guess. When I visited him years ago he was working out of his home.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »
     Thanks Tracker, what I was thinking of was the deposit that I and several other members had given Tom for the R-45. After thinking about it for awhile I decided that I'd rather it went for flowers. I don't need another gun but I'll always need friends like Tom. Goodby Buddy, we'll miss you.      Gene
birdman

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:29 PM »

Well said, Gene.