Author Topic: The New Sig P938  (Read 17229 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The New Sig P938
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
Looks like a nice gun for its type..

It just doesn't look like it would fit in my pocket like the Pup does though!! ;)

The announcement says it is SAO. I would have to think a while before carrying a SAO pistol cocked and locked in my pocket.  Belt-holstered, no problem; pocket-holstered . . . ?
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »
Richard S  said

" The announcement says it is SAO. I would have to think a while before carrying a SAO pistol cocked and locked in my pocket.  Belt-holstered, no problem; pocket-holstered . . . ?"

I agrre 100% with R S.  I have a Colt Mustang which is a great gun, carry it,  no way.  It did prompt me to get a Pony Pocketlite though which is a very good pistol.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
I would have to agree, no SAO going in my pocket and if its going on the belt I can think of better choices. ;)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
I liked my Mustang cocked and locked in my Ahern Pocket Natural in my youth.  Luckily, I got older and wiser quickly and upgraded to a S&W 3913. 

I think the 938 would be a great 2 O'clock IWB lighter carry option when an Officers Model is just a bit too heavy.  (summer shorts). I'm sure they will keep it thin.

I'll  comment again that I've never owned a Sig, but do admire them for putting night sights as standard on many, many, many of their pistols.

Bud's is running a deal on the 290 right now with NS and laser.  If it was 6 oz lighter and the mags $10 cheaper, I might have bought one.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »
Ahhh, the Colt Pony Pocketlite.   I was VERY close to purchasing one of these in either late 2004/early 2005 for around 550.   Having seen the price of a Colt Pony Pocketlite, I wish I would have - especially since I shot lights out with it.   If Colt would come back with that one instead of the Mustang, they'd have a real competitor there.

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
I had the same concerns with carrying a SAO pistol in my pocket when I first bought my 238 but I'm totally comfortable with it now. The safety has a very positive engagement and is very low profile so I couldn't see it disengaging accidentally. When i First bought it, I carried it unloaded for about a week in my pocket and tried to put myself in any position I could think of that might disengage the safety. I bumped into walls, side swiped random objects, etc. I may have looked like I had been drinking, but it worked. The safety never moved.

For pocket carry, I have a Remora holster with the optional sweat shield which fully covers the trigger and safety.