Author Topic: Kel Tec vs Ruger for small defense pistols  (Read 8515 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Kel Tec vs Ruger for small defense pistols
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

It would take a lot of down range time and others' reviews to convince me to buy any current S&W products. A price drop speaks volumes.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Had a Keltec PF9 that felt cheap, had the worst trigger pull that I had ever felt, went back to the factory for multiple failures to feed.  Keltec sent me a mailing label, cleaned up the feed ramp and sent it back promptly and it worked OK, but I couldn't handle the cheap feel (it rattled when I shook it...reminded me of the 1911 I was issued in the army in 1970) and the terrible long irregular trigger pull.  Sold it at the next gunshow.  Prefer to pay more and have something that will last (Rohrbaugh and Seecamp with Boberg pending).
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
There are a few that float to the top and usually you receive top quality for top dollar. I consider the Kel-Tec a reliable throw away. There are other keepers but you pay for them.

It is like someone on this forum said about Spyderco knives compared to William Henry: if you lose it there is not a lot of anguish.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:36:43 PM by tracker »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »
Seems like a similar thread like this creeps up from time to time trashing Kel-Tecs.  Some based on experiece, some based on fondeling or repeating what others have said.
I own a few 32's, a few 380's, one each of the 9's in Pistols and a 9mm carbine.  I have carried and shot the pistols extensively over the years wihout a hitch. 

I must be the only guy in the US with years of carry time and thousands of rounds fired from each pistol with no problems.

Imagine that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:29:40 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »

It is like someone on this forum said about Spyderco knives compared to William Henry: if you lose it there is not a lot of anguish.

How true it is!

However being an owner of both knives; The "Pretty Boy " William Henry's stay locked up in my gun safe.  Whereas, I carry a  nice"East Texas Redneck" Spyderco everyday to be used very hard in the shop.   ;D
And I keep a cheap plastic handle one in truck.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:28:27 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
No point in buying a Porsche Carrera 4 GT if you don't drive it!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis