Author Topic: What is your Rohrbaugh story?  (Read 10866 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
What is your Rohrbaugh story?
« on: May 19, 2004, 07:52:59 PM »
Do you have an R-9 yet?  Which one?  When and how did you get it?

If not, do you have one on order?  Plan or order?

What is your Rohrbaugh story?  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: What is your Rohrbaugh story?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:07:23 PM »
I do plan to order.  However, it may be some time before the supply allows my dealer to acquire a couple (he'll need at least two -- since I expect he'll keep the first one!) ;)
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 10:47:39 PM »
I have had mine on order for a while from WWG in alaska.

I got a call today it will be in this tuesday!

I got the Grey frame R9s

Offline Racer_X

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 11:44:21 AM »
I got mine last Saturday.

It has the grey frame and sights.

The fit and finish is very nice and it kicks as expected.

I posted my impressions at Glocktalk http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=247755

So far I am leaning towards the Hedley holster. However, I have only seen theirs one posted on another thead here.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 01:15:19 PM »
First handled mine in March, when Eric surprised me at a shoot, having brought it along ... and I put 30 rounds thru.  Then it was a matter of waiting whilst odd issues were addressed and finally it was here about 2 weeks ago.

I love this thing .. and I did a range test a week or so ago . comparing various ammo etc ..... if you want to look go here ---> http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=81781

Mine is the R9S .. all silver.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 02:48:25 PM »
R9SCarry,

Great range report!  Thanks for providing the link.  I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Guess I need to get some Golden Sabers in 9mm....
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 04:22:53 PM »
I had ordered mine in November through Erik Chaffee in OR. I have had it for almost two weeks now.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 07:43:04 PM »
I ordered my R9s in January, and sent a cashier's check for the full amount plus postage to Eric. Then there was a big ice storm in my area and mail of any kind just wasn't moving. My Post Office reported that all mail would be delayed until the weather improved and trucks could move safely. Yikes! After the roads cleared a few days later I kept calling Eric every other day to see if the check had reached New York, and he kept saying no.  :'(  He was too kind to say so, but I'm sure he thought I hadn't really sent a check at all, but was just some kind of nut, that's what I would have thought.

Finally the check did arrive, and Eric suggested that I take the very last unit of the very first batch of frames. Rohrbaugh changed plating (anodizing) companies after that first batch, and my anodizing is sort of a very light bluish-grey. I figured that I might "melt" the frame and slide anyway, so I didn't pay any attention to what color the frame was going to be.

The R9s that I received is pretty smooth without being melted
so I'm in no big hurry to do any modifications yet.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 01:32:32 AM »
I was at the PA shoot the same day that R9sCarry was there when Eric surprised us both by bringing "our" pistols to let us shoot them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o :o ;D

I've taken mine out and shot it a couple of hundred rounds and then took it back to my buddy, my dealer, so that he can show it off to the regulars and perhaps sell another one.

I will probably pick it up after this big weekend, or before, and start shooting it more.

I'll have a new chrono to use soon, with all the new software for my computer and such.

I look forward to ammo tests and getting more accurate with it.  Although I was MOST pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of the little baby.   ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Datan

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 02:17:30 PM »
I saw a picture of one on-line from the 2003 shot show and immediately emailed Eric to "get on the list" - that was feb 23rd, 2003.  Think I sent enough email and called enough times to be a bother.  I received mine on May 13th, 2004 - over a year wait.  Eric told me that mine was one of the first gray frames.  I'm not much on collecting so I went for the personalized serial number.  I posted my impressions of the gun and how it shot on THR but it didn't get much viewing:  it is at:  http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=82105

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »
Thanks Datan.  I don' know how I missed that thread on THR.  Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 10:57:15 PM »
Dang it Brian!!!  I like Duane missed that thread.  Sheesh . I rarely miss many .... but with THR traffic as it is .. threads sink down awful quick.

Good report to read and pics good too ... thx for the link.

Good to have another actual owner on board here! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline BillB

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2004, 04:48:30 PM »
After reading a SHOT show review in 2003 I contacted Eric R. for more info. Sounded like a pistol that would be reliable and yet powerful enough and small enough that my wife would actually carry regularly. At that time I decided to wait until a local dealer had one so my wife could handle it. Then after people started getting them and gushing over them at the highroad.org I decided I had better get in an order before the 2004 SHOT show. Mine should be in anytime. However, after listening to you guys I just called another dealer who has some on the way to get another for myself.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 04:49:14 PM by BillB »

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2004, 04:56:48 PM »
BillB:

As of late Friday, Mike of the Long Island Shooting Center had an R9S available and in stock.  Give him a call or E-mail:

http://www.lisc.net/

Offline BillB

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2004, 05:53:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip MurryNevada but I already put down a nonrefundable deposit. Besides the wait should only be a few more weeks for the second one and I like using local dealers.
I must admit though that I am getting more antsy about seeing my new guns.