Author Topic: Pants survey!!!!  (Read 8829 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Pants survey!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 02:24:39 PM »
[size=16]to allow the fist grasping piece to come out without snagging.[/size]

Now THAT is indeed pretty much THE deciding factor ..... certainly one that has been my main parameter of choice.  Unfortunately the jeans that I live (slum!?? ) around in are usually too tight - so have to choose carefully on a pocket carry day .... relaxed fit only!

meltap45, and dmobrien2001 ..... hey, welcome guys .. great to see more new faces.  Hope you enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 02:26:06 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 11:23:21 PM »
Another tactic which I use is to have a tailor deepen the strong-side pocket of any pair of pants having pockets shallow enough to expose a gun to any prying eyes behind me in a checkout line.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 10:44:49 AM »
 You are a  very smart man, and dedicated to pocket carry.  Most will not do any thing but complain.   :)
RJ=

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 10:04:11 PM »
I can't help my addiction to the 5.11 pants. The one time Royal Robbins, and now 5.11 Tactical.
I have pants in all  the colors offered, and one pair of shorts, and one shirt.
These pants are by far the most versitile, most comfortable pants I have ever worn.
Great deep front pockets for pocket carry, a bit of elastic waiste band, with belt loops perfectly placed for IWB carry.
I also use Wilderness Tactical's Safepacker holster for carrying my Kimber in hot, hot weather, along with the Wilderness Tactical 3 or 5 stitch instructor belt, very comfortable, and very cool in the hot days.
I travel to Nevada a couple of times a year, and this is a comfortable set-up.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2004, 10:09:48 PM »
RJ:

Thank you for the kind words, although there are those who might dispute that "smart" label.  

In my state, even though a licensee is not required to conceal his or her weapon, it invites trouble from the "Nervous Nellies" if they perceive one on the person.  I therefore go for deep concealment -- which is easily done with one of your works of art.

RS  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 10:25:18 PM »
I can't help my addiction to the 5.11 pants. The one time Royal Robbins, and now 5.11 Tactical.

Just today my first pair of those pants arrived.  Very nice, and I should have no issue wearing those to work.  I have way too many things I carry around all day (pager, cell phone, sometimes TWO cell phones, knife, keys, ID badges, pocket pistol, spare magazine, the list goes on and on).  The seven nice large pockets will come in very handy.

Tomorrow's the day-long test - if I like 'em, I'll order a few more pair in various colors.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 10:27:02 PM »
 Work pants 511 tactical. The pockets a such that I wear a Kahr P9 in the right front pocket and in the left thigh pocket rides my R9s next to my Fox Labs oc. In Dockers my PM9 rides in a Hedley strong side pocket holster, I wore the "same" rig to the tailor when fitting my Italian suit, so the right front pocket of my suit is "just right." I forgot to add, that in the thigh pocket position I use the Desantis neminess as an offside holster and a Fox Labs pocket clip 1/2oz keeps "everything" in place at all times. When "relaxing" around the house or going out in just jeans, my R9s rides strong side pocket in another of RJ's holsters. These are "my" pocket options, all 9mm with bbl's running from 2.9", 3.0" and 3.5" depending on the pants I'm wearing at the time. Just "one old man's wardrobe." ;)