Author Topic: I'm bummed  (Read 5057 times)

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
I'm bummed
« on: November 30, 2004, 12:40:16 AM »
Guys - I know I'm not the only one that has had to wait for a Rohrbaugh but since I made up my mind to get one I've been wringing my hands in anticipation. First, the dealer I ordered from promised I would have one by Thanksgiving. They are very reputable and I have no doubt that they thought they had an order coming in but they were not aware that the factory shutdown and move would set them back. They still insist that they will have a gun soon although I don't know how.

Second, I had a line on a private sale and, communicating to the seller through e-mail, indicated as long ago as last Thursday that I would send a check to him on Monday (today). All I asked was that he let me call my dealer today to make sure that I wasn't going to lose my deposit. So I called today to tell him I was sending the check and he said that a local buyer indicated interest on SUNDAY - after all of my e-mails. And then he sold it today to the local guy. Now I don't begrudge him making a nice, clean, local sale but I would have thought I at least had 'right of first refusal'!!! I don't want to question his ethics or anything like that, maybe I could have somehow been more assertive, but after being so, so close this one really hurt.

Well, I guess the waiting will make me appreciate the R9 all the more when I finally get one. Thanks for letting me vent! >:(
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline justin2992

• Expert
Re: I'm bummed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 01:38:01 AM »
Call Eric and ask who might have one in stock.  That's the best way to get one right away.
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
I'm bummed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 10:53:07 AM »
>>Hi Firebreath...

I'm sorry to hear how that R9 slipped through your hands.  **FWUA*...  I can relate to your frustrations, but I can also see the other guys position.  As a courtesy it would have been nice if the guy had called you, but I don't see that it was his obligation...and he probably felt awkward about the whole thing.  Basically most sales like this work first come, first served...or first money on the table gets the toy.  But you already knew this.  Again...sorry about your frustrations.  And the wait for your R9 will be worth it - I guarandamnteeit...!...TW<<  

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
Re: I'm bummed no more!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »
What a difference a day makes! I went all out with an internet search, e-mails, calls, even spoke to Eric - and I found one, with sights, exactly as I was hoping. With the FFL transfer, background search, etc I should have it in my sweaty palms no later than mid-December. What a great Christmas present to me, from me!!!

I can't wait to chime in here with some actual hands-on experience.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 03:40:46 PM by FireBreather01 »
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 06:02:26 PM »
FB - great news ... amazing these days what some time on the cyber and phone can do.  Of course - once this pup IS in your sweaty palms ... a full review etc is mandated!! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 08:45:03 PM »
Hey FB, congratulations..  I'm sure you will be very pleased with your R9S..     ;)   Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 08:50:18 PM »
That's great news, and I think you did things the smart way. I'm happy for ya, Firebreather. Looking forward to your report(s,) and my money says you'll be thrilled with your (soon-to-be) new little pistol.    ;D    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »
FB:

Congratulations!  You won't be disappointed.  That first moment when you open the box, see the Rohrbaugh, and then take it in your hand is memorable.  And then comes the real joy -- shooting the little pocket rocket at the range.

Enjoy!

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 10:59:38 PM »
You can pass the time more easily by purchasing a shirt or two, a hat, springs, an extra pin and ordering an extra magazine from Rohrbaugh...  ;D

AND, you can order your ammo!   ;D

Perhaps a very special range bag can be purchased, ordered, or designed and commissioned from a custom maker.  If you carry a business case or computer bag, you could perhaps order a Rohrbaugh holster insert or have your bag or case customized in some fashion if you wish so that your new Baby will have a nice, snuggly place to reside when not on your person...

And, quite importantly, you can start picking our holsters and ordering them too.  Next thing you know, there will be your new Baby ready to move into her new home and you will have things ready for her!

A few of these steps and your new Rohrbaugh will be in your hands before you know it!!!!  ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
I'm bummed
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 02:02:34 AM »
Thanks for the input guys - I will definitely post my range reports. I am very much looking forward to my days at the range with this gun.
Mr Hudson - I laughed when reading your post, I have already started doing many of the things that you mentioned. A lot of my internet time has been devoted to various 'Rohrbaugh' searches - looking for all of those nice little additions that will make my R9S my very own!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Not bummed...
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 02:30:20 AM »
>>Firebreath...

I WAS going to say earlier that I could wait the extra few months and it was worth it - but like you I couldn't...!  Even though I'd had an R9s on order since last summer...at first chance I went ahead and bought another one on the spot...!!

At that time I did not know Eric well enough to call him for info on guns he had already sent out...but I was on top of a personal sale here on the forums within hours of it being posted for sale.  Fortunately for me, my private purchase worked out better than yours!!!!  I went ahead and kept my deposit good for the original gun...which will likely not get to my FFL until spring.  Haven't yet figured how to justify #2 to my wife, but she now knows about it.  To rephrase...I haven't yet figured out how to justify PAYMENT of #2 gun.  At least it is half paid for.

Congratulations on your new found gun!!!  These guns are a trip...!...although I don't think you will be using it at the range as much as you might think now...unless you buy a lot of extra recoil springs...TW<<
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 02:33:35 AM by TW »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 03:49:31 PM »
TW:

You wrote:

Haven't yet figured how to justify #2 to my wife, but she now knows about it.  To rephrase...I haven't yet figured out how to justify PAYMENT of #2 gun.  At least it is half paid for.

I know what you mean.  My purchase of Rohrbaugh # 1 (R9S model) prompted my beloved little wife to even the score by purchasing a new leather couch she had been wanting.  And recently, after I had done nothing more than speculate on possibly acquiring Rohrbaugh # 2 (R9 model), she promptly went back to the mall and purchased the matching leather chair and ottoman.  (These Rohrbaughs can be expensive in more ways than one.)

RS    
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 09:36:39 PM »
Buy more ammo... and a lot more springs!!! Ohhh and more springs too. ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com