Author Topic: Funny, it didn't look purplish...  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Funny, it didn't look purplish...
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:30:39 PM »
Hi Guys!
I've been busy, busy. Sorry I haven't had time to chime in here lately.
I was looking long and hard at my R9S, and realized  the frame is not actually dark gray, but a sort of purple color. Very cool, as it looks great either way. Was the frame anodized or bead blasted or what?

I talked with Eric the other day, and it's official, the new slides with have their new city name on it. So our 'Farmingdale, N.Y.' slides are already collectible! Yay! But you guys probably already knew that.

After a 'communication' breakdown with Ron Graham, I finally received my 'Kentucky' holster and mag sleeve in black Reef Shark. I must say it is absolutely superb and worth the wait.
I'm also thanking the Reef Shark (his name was Mac;^) for giving up his life so that others might enjoy him. It's an ultimate sacrifice and I appreciate it;^)

Took down the R9S the other day for it's first cleaning and I must say, once I got the pin out, it was a piece of cake. You guys got me all worried I'd have to send it back in to Rohrbaugh with egg on my face if I couldn't get it back together properly. And only two leftover parts;^)

I also had my first experience with Syncolon grease (with PTFE!) and I must say it was, I hate to admit it, a little arousing, brushing all that gooey stuff all over my weapon;^)

OK, I apologize in advance for all this 'having fun' on the list.
I love this forum; it was made for me. Thanks to all for participating and especially Mr. Gator for doing all this work, for free!

Cal
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline Jim

• Expert
Re: Funny, it didn't look purplish...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:39:28 AM »
Hey Cal,
I'm glad you got your holster...  That reef shark is great lookin g!  Your post is very appropropriate and appreciated..  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!