Author Topic: Caesar was stabbed in the Forum. And the belly...  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Caesar was stabbed in the Forum. And the belly...
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:50:06 PM »
Hi Guys,
Maybe this should be directed to Duane, but as a newbie, I have a few questions on how the forum works.

Where does one go to find out how the 'class' system works on the forum? Is there a policy page somewhere I'm missing?
What does a super contributor have to do to get 'super'?

Can I buy my way to the top;^) Is it determined by the number of posts your send? The quality of them?

Also, is there a way to be notified when there is ANY new
posts to the list, rather than just the ones you check the box?

Thanks!

Cal
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Caesar was stabbed in the Forum. And the belly
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »
CC - 'class' ?  Not sure I am following that one!

The contributor thing ... well I think Duane chooses to add whatever title he feels suits for anyone who has contributed ... nothing super about me but I did throw into the pot twice so - that might be a factor. Post counts etc have nothing to do with it IMO!

I doubt very much there is any extra notification facility - it will always be just your ''subscribed'' threads.  I do agree tho that it'd be nice to have a notification of all new posts - that tho on a large board might be a problem!  Best here is just view last 10 recent posts.  Mind you, I still miss stuff at times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought ... 'class' - you mean like ''New member'' ... senior member etc??  AFAIK the usual is something like 0-50 posts might be newbie.  50-100 might be full member.  Then after 100 posts could be senior.  Then another break point is perhaps after 500 ... that sorta thing.  Was that what you meant?  I don't know of any source to confirm this tho - Duane can probably elucidate.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 01:38:50 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
Re: Beware the Ides if your name is Caesar!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 02:53:46 PM »
Hey Cal, you and I will probably never reach that exalted maximus star rate at way we're going, but heck, this is a great forum and it's a pleasure to contribute whatever we can whenever we can, whether we rate one stripe or 6 stars.   ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Caesar was stabbed in the Forum. And the belly...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:50:46 PM »
>>Hi Cal...

I was hoping something special was going to pop up next to my TW handle the other day when I hit 100 posts...but alass...nada.  

On the other hand I recently made a small financial contrabution to the forum and Duane responded by telling me I was going to be designated "Contributer" above my handle.  So if you are feeling low, and would like a little special pat on the head today - try sending money...!  Maybe you too can be designated...Contributor...  And then you and I can be called Co-Contributors together, and life will be good...!...TW<<

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:55:54 PM »
This is a great forum...

Nice peoples and a well full of info... 8)

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 08:43:43 PM »
I noticed that the first couple of months into my forum membership I was "new member".  Now I have advanced to a mere "junior" member.  Perhaps someday I'll acheive the status of "senior" member!  Does anyone know how to become a "forum contributor"?  Is there a specific donation amount?

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 11:55:21 PM »
Sharp - I doubt there is any specific amount for a contribution - I expect Duane is glad of any input in that direction!!  It will depend entirely I think on your means and how much you may wish to donate.  Duane will I am sure give more info if needed.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 11:40:24 PM »
Hey, guys!  Sorry I was late to the party.  Work has been crazy and I am in a 3-day tactical handgun class all weekend --more on that later.

The membership status is determined by post count.  You start out as a "Junior" member.  You obtain "Full" member status at 50 posts, "Senior" member status at 100 posts, and "Supreme" member status at 500 posts.

Anyone who contributes financially to the forum (to help defray operating costs) gets the additional status of being a "Contributor."  Its not much -- but at least it recognizes you in some small way.  The contribution can be monetary or even something of value that could be auctioned off on the site, as we have done in the past.

Any other titles are honorary, and awarded at my discretion.  ;)  R9SCarry is a "Super Contributor!" not only because of his generous donations, but also because of his self-less contribution of intellectual property as well.  This board would not be the same without him.  FlyandScuba got the honorary title of "Hurricane Survivor" for obvious reasons.

Can you buy your way to the top?   Well... try me!  But I'm not cheap!  ;D

There is no way to get notifications of all new posts that I know of, but I will check with Tech Guy.  I do as other do -- and just check the top 10 new posts each time I log on.

I gotta go do my homework for tomorrow's class!  
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com