Author Topic: Saying "hello", new R-9S, some questions  (Read 7190 times)

Offline itguy

Re: Saying "hello", new R-9S, some quest
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2005, 12:59:27 PM »
I finally located some 115 Silvertips, and they performed flawlessly.  What I really notice is the smooth feed.  The GDs would catch during the feed, although most of the time they would continue to feed anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that the Silvertips are old technology.  After my experience testing them with my R9s I won't be carrying anything else.

My hand must be the exact right shape and size for this gun, because I have never had any of the type of problems you discuss here, Erich.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2005, 01:14:40 PM »
A female customer of mine, stopped by to visit and she had some problems at first. She got with her shooting coach and found out she was limp wristing the gun. He worked on her grip and she has had no problems since. She also out shoots her husband. He has large hands. She is very happy with the gun.
It seems that most of us are excited to go out and shoot the pup. So we end up rushing the process. Some then have problems. If we slow down and ease into shooting the pup with a good partner and develop a good grip and shoot it slowly with attention to detail, the problems should be little or none.
Just a thought.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 09:15:59 PM »
If we slow down and ease into shooting the pup with a good partner and develop a good grip and shoot it slowly with attention to detail, the problems should be little or none.
Just a thought.
Tom

Tom, that's a fine thought for a first shooting session or range work.  When someone is coming at you with a knife or eyeing your daughter as you walk through a parking garage, are you going to be thinking about slowing down and getting just the right grip?  

These pistols were designed for just one thing; self defense.  To that end, they ned to be 100% with less then perfect handling.  We're told to carry lots and shoot very little.  That means limited practice.  

I understand that many and most of the R9s that have shipped work perfectly.  However, there are enough reports here of failures to indicate that the gun is very picky and that there are probably still a few issues that need to be worked out.    

I think we and Rohrbaugh need to be honest, admit that there are a few warts, and focus on finding a solution that works for everyone.  This is the only way the R9 can improve.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 10:02:32 PM »
Yes, however my customer reports are that with time aqnd practice/shooting (with someone watching) works out most of the problems.

Can there be problems with a gun.......yes.

Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline dr16

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 11:25:44 PM »
As Richard Petty once said, (paraphrased) the harder I worked(practiced), the luckier(better) I got.