Author Topic: trigger pull  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: trigger pull
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
Beautiful shot! (I don't know whether to call that "four of a kind" or "two pair."   ;) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 03:31:34 PM »
It looks like two hole cards to me. ;)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
We sell our Farmingdales because we are fallible and {therefore} capable of making stupid decisions. I know I did.

Great photograph. The caption for me is "Get a Rohrbaugh R9; They Really Stack Up"
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »
The grass is always greener on the other side!!  (We always want something else....until we get that)   :)     ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Corey!  Great picture!  Do you have a favorite?  

Out of the ones I still have it would have to be my 1st custom.  It's just plain cool to me and I have by far the most money tied up in it.

Out of all of them i've had today I would choose the earliest farmingdale one I had would take the prize.  Wished I still had that one!!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
Great choice!!   :)    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 03:20:40 AM »
Mine is absolutely smooth.  The long pull feels safer to me.  You really have to mean to pull it.
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
First Post on here, so hello!
I was handling a "Special Forces" model yesterday and when I pulled the trigger slowly, dry fire, it stuck in the back position several times.  Is this normal?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:31:56 PM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
Welcome Fat Boy to the forum. What you describe is NOT normal and I will defer to others who may have insight as to the problem.

I would love to see a DA R9 with all the normal bells and whistles: Conventional slide that remains open after last shot, frame mounted mag release, et al. but that is not happening.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
First Post on here, so hello!
I was handling a "Special Forces" model yesterday and when I pulled the trigger slowly, dry fire, it stuck in the back position several times.  Is this normal?

Welcome to the forum.  To answer your question, that's definitely not normal.   Pulling the trigger slowly is not good to start with.  Should be pulled like you really mean to shoot it.  
Did you try to pull the trigger quickly?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:03 PM »
Fat_Boy:

Welcome to the Forum.

That R9 must have been drier than a James Bond martini.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 05:04:01 PM »
Sounds to me like the grip is a little loose maybe.  

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 06:18:25 PM »
I concur, sounds like the trigger spring isn't on its post anymore.  Either the right grip is loose or someone has removed it and didn't get the spring reinstalled properly upon reassembly.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »
Fat boy:

Were you snorting Renaissance Wax prior to that trigger pull?

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I did pull the trigger normal and it worked fine but  if I pulled it slowly to observe the feel of the trigger it would stick.  It is a brand new, never shot SF that was at the local gun shop for sale and I was considering purchasing it till this happened and the dealer started talkin out of his a$$ about other issues.  I would assume this gun came in factory setup condition.  The owner of the shop owns an Elite and so maybe he messed around with it before he put it on the shelf.  When I pointed it out to him he just blew it off as no big deal.  I did not notice a loose grip but wasn't looking for one and could've  missed this.  The trigger definitely did not feel like it had any spring behind it and when I pulled it quickly it seemed to only go forward from momentum.  I've never held another Rohrbaugh so I have nothing to compare it to.  BTW if anyone would like to send their Rohrbaugh to me so I can make a comparison please send me a PM and I promise to return it after I am done spending some serious one on one time together. :)  I fully expect to purcahse one of these once I learn more so thanks for this forum and all the help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:51:31 AM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster