Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
VZ Grips
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:04:55 AM »
These grips look nice but I think it's kind of low rent for them to advertise the grip as a replacement for the "sub par" stock grip on the R9.  

I, for one, won't buy a set until their advertisement gets a bit more respectful...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:37:14 PM by Alphonso »
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

ccoorreeyy

Re: VG Grips
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
I agree.   I'm not a fan of the slick G10's that come standard but "sub par" is hard to swallow when your describing any part of a Rohrbaugh.  I hope they change it too.  My money will wait and see.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
I agree that the "wording" is not what I would put on an ad here.  That said, I agree with him whole-heartedly.  From the first shot I knew that these grips must be replaced.  Lots of guys like adding all types of accessories to new guns to personalize them.  Not me.  A gun is a tool and the manufacturer should give it the best design possible.  I felt like a $1200 gun  with such a great look should also have some accommodations to make it as shootable as possible.  That crummy looking skateboard tape really turns me off.  My opinion.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Not liking a companies product is fine and I am not a fan of the stock G-10 grips as I have stated in the past but very unprofessional to trash them in an attempt to sell your product. :-[

Any type of tape on a pup is not for me. ;D

John
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:54:59 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
Don't like tape either.  Haven't ever needed anything and the original G10 grips suited me fine; never a problem.    :)  I do have a pair of Blue Carbon Fiber grips that will be installed sometime on some R9.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »

Tape works very well for me but I am much more interested in function than aesthetics in a carry weapon. The tape, with a hooked magazine extension, provides a large measure of improved control for me when firing it. To each his own but I wouldn't do anything else to this gun.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:18:40 PM »
The extensions do help, no doubt; and on the tape; it is to each his own, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »
Looks like they changed it!   Thank you the VZ, my order will be forthcoming.

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »
That Black Cherry looks sweet,  ordered today
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline deercop

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
Just ordered a set of the black grips.  I'm a huge fan of the VZ 320 grips for my 1911's and BHP's.

Offline rodell

Re: VZ Grips
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
I ordered a set of the checkered cherry. We will soon see.
Only one gun from enough ...

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
Tape works very well for me but I am much more interested in function than aesthetics in a carry weapon. The tape, with a hooked magazine extension, provides a large measure of improved control for me when firing it. To each his own but I wouldn't do anything else to this gun.

What kind of tape do you use and where do you get it?
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
I use 3M tape and buy it off a i inch roll at Ace Hardware. Lately, I have been using the 3M "pebble grip" tape and like it. If it is too rough for you just lightly sand it with sandpaper to soften it. It is cut to fit on my grips, front and back strap, and even a small piece on the mag release and grip extension to avoid slippage. The bar code for the pebble grip tape is #51131 5906. It comes in gray but they make other surface material in black, also.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:12:33 PM by tracker »

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »
Well, it looks like they changed the wording of their ad, and that they sold a few grips because of it.  

I think VZ should send me a set for pointing out the poor wording of their ad and assisting in sales.

;D
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
 ;D