Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 6392 times)

Offline VZ_Grips

Re: VZ Grips
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 01:07:23 AM »
Hey guys, thought that I would chime in here...

Please have an open mind while reading this.

First off, I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my sub-par remark. I have changed that and I have to say that Hogue makes some of the best grips out there. For me, they are the ones to keep an eye on. With that said, you guys have to keep in mind that most OEM grips are all sub-par. The reason being is that firearm manufactures put all their $$$ into the working firearm. The grips are usually contracted to the lowest bidder so they can set wholesale pricing. That’s where I come in. We here at VZ make only the highest quality grips whether I lose a bid or not, you know you are getting a custom grip. I choose who and what I make them for, and since I personally carry a P9 in the shop all day so it was a must to make something for this awesome little 9. I even came up with new screws for the crazzy little thing. It's truly a great little piece of steel.

So... Let’s do this so everyone can get an idea of what we have. I'll send out a checkered and smooth grip for a pass around. Send me your name and address and which texture you would like to see and I'll put the first ten on a list for rotation. email me your name and shipping address and we'll start the grip-around...

Happy New Year Everyone!

john@vzgrips.com
VZ Grips
Custom Handgun Grips
www.vzgrips.com

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 06:59:38 AM »
Thats a cool idea.

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »
I'd really like to see how the various grips look against a standard black frame/stainless slide R9.  The black cherry certainly look great on a stealth!

Offline rodell

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
I'll post a picture as soon as mine arrive.  That's the combination I have/ordered.

I have a set of dark rosewood on a Browning target stainless, so, I'm expecting the same effect (and it does look nice).

Only one gun from enough ...

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »
I posted those pics in another thread:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1294286801

Its a 380, but colors are the same.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 10:51:33 PM »
I suspect the light brown grips would look better with the stainless slide than the black cherry ones. Sure would like to see them all side by side.

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:48 AM »
I almost got the gray/black ones to go with mine, which has the stainless slide.  The cherry looked so good in the pic though I decided to go with that.   I may not have put as much weight to the fact that my gun didn't have the stealth slide though.  If it looks too goofy I guess they will be on the for sale thread.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »
The cherry should look great.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
I posted this photograph in its own thread, but here it is again -- with the comment that after a couple of weeks of carrying my Farmingdale R9 with the VZ grips, I am the proverbial "one happy camper":

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Got my cherry grips today and put them on.   Feels nice and looks great also.    Also got my mag ext. today and the hooked version along with the new grips are outstanding.  I cant wait to get to range and see the difference.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Can someone measure a total width with the grips on their gun.  Im just curious the difference from stock.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
I'm at the cabin and my micrometer is back at home base. If JVZ is logged in, he will have the answer. My impression, however, is that the diffierence, if any, is unnoticeable.

Edit: I just found a spare set of black carbon fiber grips in my range bag. The difference between them and the VZ grips is that the CFs are flat across the width while the VZs are beveled. The width at the center, however, appears to be essentially the same. Again, however, I do not have a micrometer with me at the present time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:35:28 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline gbelleh

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »
Why is the shape of the VZ grips different?  Just above the trigger, and just past the grip screw, the VZ grip ends in a straight edge rather than a rounded edge.  This looks kind of funny to me.  Why not round off the edge?
gbelleh

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »

At its thickest point, on the checkered grips, I get .9695 in.

Not sure what the standard G-10 grips mic out at -- I don't have them on a gun at the moment.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline rodell

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »
Got mine today, super fast shipping. My initial impression is very, very positive.

The checkering is aggressive, we'll see how my hand holds out.

Only one gun from enough ...