Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 6391 times)

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
Re: VZ Grips
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Do these grips move around at all prior to installing the screws?  The pins should be able to keep them positioned with no slop.

I had trouble with the Rohrbaugh aluminum grips because of this.  I suspect the pins 'share the load' with the screws during recoil, and if the pin holes are too big then the screws take all the side load.  A partial box of WWB caused the loctite'd screws to loosen and the pin holes to become ovaled.

I ask because I'm thinking about the checkered grips, which I suspect would magnify the problem I had with the aluminum ones unless the pin holes are correct.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »
The VZ were a very tight fit as I recall.  No slop.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
Do these grips move around at all prior to installing the screws?  The pins should be able to keep them positioned with no slop.

I had trouble with the Rohrbaugh aluminum grips because of this.  I suspect the pins 'share the load' with the screws during recoil, and if the pin holes are too big then the screws take all the side load.  A partial box of WWB caused the loctite'd screws to loosen and the pin holes to become ovaled.

I ask because I'm thinking about the checkered grips, which I suspect would magnify the problem I had with the aluminum ones unless the pin holes are correct.

As I recalled when I put mine on yesterday the fit was very good with no slop.    I just took the left side on and off again and I could not wobble it once set in the pins.    Mine are checkered and feel great.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »
That's excellent news!  Now I just have to decide on color...

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »

They are as precisely fit as the OEM grips, and the pin holes and screw holes line up as well as the OEM grips. Once placed on the pins they do not move - even without the screws being inserted.