Author Topic: Failure to Fire  (Read 13182 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Failure to Fire
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
Having been a member here for two years, a frequent reader for six earlier months, and the owner of one such pistol I still think that R9's failing to function right out of the box is a far to common occurence.

MRC I tend to agree...based on my reading of threads here there seem to be more initial problems than should occur with a pistol of this quality/expense.  Perhaps a policy of firing at least 2 magazines and cleaning/lubricating at the factory would solve this problem.  Seecamp pistols come ready to fire..not sure but I thought they had been fired multiple times before shipment to assure function?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline 2slow

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:29 PM »
Shipping it back to Rohrbaugh tomorrow. I'll let you know the results.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »
Having been a member here for two years, a frequent reader for six earlier months, and the owner of one such pistol I still think that R9's failing to function right out of the box is a far to common occurence.

Just my opinion.

MRC:

You seem to be repeatedly expressing some discontent with your R9. Would you like to sell it?  If so, what would be your reserve price? If you want to sell and have a reserve in mind, can you post a photograph of the piece?

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »

Just my opinion.

MRC:

You seem to be repeatedly expressing some discontent with your R9. Would you like to sell it?  If so, what would be your reserve price? If you want to sell and have a reserve in mind, can you post a photograph of the piece?

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5998.0
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »

Just my opinion.

MRC:

Well, I'll be dipped in "Holy Water." I thought there might be something up for grabs.
___

MRC:

Let's take this negotiation off of the public forum. PM being sent.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
Richard

The present R9 that I have has functioned flawlessly if you look back into my posts.  I do have problems with the Rohrbaugh stance on certain things concerning their pistols, but they have chosen not to comment which is their prerogative.  Please contact me by email.  I live in Iowa per your question in the PM.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:01:23 PM by MRC »

Offline Andy Baker

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
Same issue here

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:51 PM »

Welcome, Andy; what is the specific issue?

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »
I must say that I've had some issues with my Covert, but Karl has treated me very well and has taken a personal interest in my problem which should be corrected in a day or two.  My first R9, which I regret selling to afford the Covert, functioned flawlessly out of the box.  My Covert's problem was, according to Karl, one of two that they have seen (out of 6000) that had an out of spec firing pin retainer, and frankly I'm not sure whether that may have occurred during the Covert upgrade at WC.
1.  Re:  chatter marks in the barrel-should make no difference. This is a close range defensive weapon, not a target pistol.
2.  Re:  grip screws...either tighten at the range after 50 rounds and when you clean it later, or go to John's screws and don't over-tighten.
3.  Re:  FTF/FTF:  grip tightly.  Keep screws tight.  Don't overheat the pistol.  Keep it clean and properly lubricated.  Use correct ammo and test each box before using for carry.  If that doesn't work, call Maria.
Just sayin'
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:44 AM »
Karl R says

"  1.  Re:  chatter marks in the barrel-should make no difference. This is a close range defensive weapon, not a target pistol."

I diasgree which I hope we are allowed to do that here.  My Gunsmith builds guns good enough to win the master calss at camp Perry about five years for him.  He also takes consignment guns from good customers to sell in his Pawnshop.  He guarentees any gun he sells and he would not take in my Rohrbaugh until it was rebarrelled.  I said the the company's stance is it is OK.  He laughed and gave me his suggestion

"Put it on the internet and dump it on some a__hole with too much money"

I guess the barrel is not good enough for my $1100.00 Gold Cup but fine for my $1200.00 R9.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »
Karl R says

"  1.  Re:  chatter marks in the barrel-should make no difference. This is a close range defensive weapon, not a target pistol."

I diasgree which I hope we are allowed to do that here.  My Gunsmith builds guns good enough to win the master calss at camp Perry about five years for him.  He also takes consignment guns from good customers to sell in his Pawnshop.  He guarentees any gun he sells and he would not take in my Rohrbaugh until it was rebarrelled.  I said the the company's stance is it is OK.  He laughed and gave me his suggestion

"Put it on the internet and dump it on some a__hole with too much money"

I guess the barrel is not good enough for my $1100.00 Gold Cup but fine for my $1200.00 R9.

MRC:

Is the R9 about which your gunsmith suggested that you "Put it on the internet and dump it on some a__hole with too much money" the same R9 you have listed for sale in the Classifieds?

I ask only because I note that you there state:

It is too good of a pistol to sit in the safe.  It has aprroximately 200 rounds through it and has been 100% reliable as far as firing and feeding.  It has the smoothest and lightest trigger pull of any DAO hammer-fired pistol I have ever shot.  I  have tried 6 different brands of JHP, self defense ammo with no failures.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
Richard

Yes it is.  It is a good gun as far as R9's go.  You expressed interest in buying it as I remember and you  quickly "Lawyered" your way out of an offer when I told you about the barrel condition.

I am an honest man and I have had lots of inquiries about this gun and I have been up front with them on what the barrel looks like.  So far no offers.

Looks like it is mine to keep unless that ___________ with too much money shows up.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »
MRC:

To the contrary, it was not the barrel condition but the price. My local dealer simply offered a better price than yours for an R9 I wanted as a family gift. No "lawyering" was required.

I wish you success in selling that R9.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »
MRC:

To the contrary, it was not the barrel condition but the price. My local dealer simply offered a better price than yours for an R9 I wanted as a family gift. No "lawyering" was required.

I wish you success in selling that R9.

WOW!!!!!!.............nice to be in your family.......... :o
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
As much as I would like to have you in the family, Jack, both daughters are happily married.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"