Author Topic: Grips - Rubber!    (Read 17861 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Grips - Rubber!  
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
Agreed

and

the problem with Esmeralda is--

trying to pick out which gorgeous grips to get :-/

Her "Thor's Hammer" design in Ivory Wood is becoming almost irresistible to me.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 08:07:53 PM »
Gotta love those Esmeralda's, no matter what the kind.  Georgeous!     ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »

Another OGAD victim about to succumb to the lure of Esmeralda.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 08:35:53 PM »
 :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
Of course then there is OPCD: Obsessive post count disorder; much more difficult to treat.  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:06:20 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
Now tracker.   ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »

Post often.  

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
   Richard, I wish I could post a picture. But, along with being a complete computer illiterate, I don't even own a digital camera. I've seen pictures that you posted of your 1911, the grips look great. I don't have a gun with sambar grips, but I do have two Bob Dozier skinning knives with sambar grips. It works great for that.    Gene
   Richard, it just dawned on me that while my stone age technology level won't allow me to post pictures, I could give you the name and serial# of the grips and you could see them on Esmeralda's web site. They're the 1911 compact, amboyna burl, ser# AB37187. They look even better on the gun. Hope this helps.    Gene
birdman

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 07:45:45 AM »
   Richard, it just dawned on me that while my stone age technology level won't allow me to post pictures, I could give you the name and serial# of the grips and you could see them on Esmeralda's web site. They're the 1911 compact, amboyna burl, ser# AB37187. They look even better on the gun. Hope this helps.    Gene

If these are the ones, they are really beautiful! (I don't think you're helping my problem, Gene.  ;) )

http://esmeralda.cc/1911_compact.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:07 AM »
Great looking grips.  Hmmm!   :)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »
      Those are the ones, Richard. Esmeralda has such a marvelous selection. It took me almost a week to decide which pair to get. What I really wanted was one of everything. She really does wonderful work.   Gene
birdman

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 12:20:22 PM »
Gene, great choice of grips, you did well buddy.  8) Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
   Tom, you don't think the bar-b-que sauce will stain the grips, do you? ;) ;)      Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »
  Tom, you don't think the bar-b-que sauce will stain the grips, do you? ;) ;)      Gene

Gene,
  I believe there all sealed, I love the  Esmeralda Celtic Cross grips I got for my Kimber. Your right she does awesome work.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun d́oladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 05:02:37 PM »

Her "Thor's Hammer" design in Ivory Wood is becoming almost irresistible to me.  
   Richard, I looked up the "Thor's Hammer" grips that you mentioned and they are gorgeous. I wish I knew more about the wood itself. With the exception of the cocobolo and the amboyna burl, all of the different woods are completely unknown to me. The only reason that I'm familiar with those two is because I have several knives with scales made from cocobolo and amboyna. They both make beautiful knife handles! I'm sure that somewhere on the internet there's a site that explains all about the different woods, the  problem is that while the internet is vast, my knowledge of it is only half vast. So if anyone would like to jump in here and help me out I would really appreciate it.     Thanks,  Gene
birdman