Author Topic: Your opinion matters!  (Read 5268 times)

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
Your opinion matters!
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »
I currently own 2 R9's that I am very pleased with. This weekend the opportunity presented itself to pick up a new R380. They are asking $1000 and I have a $500 credit at the LGS so I feel like For $500 it might not be a bad idea. Being that the future is looking very cloudy at best for Rohrbaugh do you jump in and pick this up just to have or am I likely asking for trouble down the road? Thx!

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Your opinion matters!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
It could be a risk given that we can't buy recoil springs for it yet but I would buy it because there were not many produced. They might be quite rare and I never heard of a problem with the .380.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:42 AM »

The R-380 is a very different gun than the R-9 because of the much lower operating pressures.  Two springs would likely last the life of the gun.  I agree that they will be pretty rare.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
If it is a gun you "have to have" get it if money isn't a problem. Nothing worse than thinking "man I really should have gotten that, and now it's gone".

If you don't you will be on the look out for the next 10 years hunting for the same thing and it may be worth more money thus beginning the rump kicking session we have all endured from ourselves.

That being said, if it is merely as an investment, I would think their are other better returns on your $1000 you could make. Especially considering that a lot of the extensive firearms collections get handed down to kids who would rather have the money and end up selling them off for 1/2 of their value in the end.

One other thing to consider is that a lot of the guns out of productions still have parts availability (I think). If REMINGTON doesn't really step up the game you may have a problem there. Perhaps you won't need the parts, but a potential buyer would probably not care much for the thought of buying a pistol that is out of production and parts are near impossible to find. PROBLEM CHILD comes to mind. I don't want to be sitting on 3 Rohrbaughs personally. Their are a lot of other cool guns out there. Ask MRC or Richard of some other interesting stuff to look at if you care to.

I plan on using the pieces I hand down so that they have a bit of personal value, but that's me. Just opinions : )

Have fun sorting it all out. Let us know what you decide on please.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:40:15 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
BUY IT!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:58:42 PM by MRC »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
That's what you always say MRC.  :D
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
Im assuming MRC meant "buy it".....correct?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 03:59:20 PM »
Yes, I corrected my typo.  Sorry

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »
I'm the proud owner of an R380! Did the deal....put on a new set of VZ's and will read up on the proper ammo tonight. I did notice that both mags look like they have 3 small dents and use metal followers as opposed to the plastic used on the R9's. Gonna have some fun with this one either way!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
Good deal, have fun.

Offline margator

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
Thx 2 all!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »
Congrats.

John Stuart Mill