Author Topic: Soft side briefase  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Soft side briefase
« on: July 11, 2005, 03:31:24 AM »
I use a soft side briefcase for work -- attracts less attention, and seems more suitable to be carried into a kitchen -- I keep my 1911 and a couple clips in the "gun pouch" in the middle.  A few times, I've noticed the safety's been bumped off, or the mag has been released -- which probably means I need a holster -- got a Galco one, but it doesn't seem to fit my Kimber v. well.  The only idea I have at the moment is to try and glue some plastic panels inside, so that it won't press the mage release button, and try to attach some elastic to hold the gun in position, but I think it'd be better to have a holster built into the case.

Brad
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Soft side briefase
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »
Brad:

If you carry a "cocked and locked" 1911 in a briefcase, I would strongly recommend that you have it in a holster which covers the safety lever and the magazine release.  A quality briefcase specifically designed for CCW use will often include a "fit-all" holster for that purpose.  Here is one example:

http://www.ccwsupply.biz/CCWDayBrief.htm

Stay safe.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:14:31 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Soft side briefase
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »
Brad, Try Blue Press-Dillon Precision Products, Phoenix Az. 800-223-4570 They have a concealed carry tote, safepacker, and special jeans....toters by Blackie Collins Sportswear. They have specially lined pockets that adjust to your handgun. Both front and rear pockets are lined with Cordura that gives a perfect fit for a handgun.   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus