Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Triad Ankle Holster?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline kanuist

• Expert
Has anyone tried the Triad Ankle Holster?
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
I've been thinking of getting an ankle holster for my R9 and came across this one from Bianchi.  It doesn't come in a custom fit for the R9, but is available for similarly sized guns.

Does anyone have any experience with this holster?  

If I order one, should I go with one sized for a Walther PPK or a Kahr?

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=4750

Thanks
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline geminidan

• Expert
Re: Has anyone tried the Triad Ankle Holster?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
I would look into the one made by DeSantis that they sell at Rohrbaugh, I understand that DeSntis molds them exactly to the gun, also they are about 2 miles apart from each other.
GeminiDan

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »
An ankle holster would be a waste for me I wear shorts from Feb. to Nov. and sometimes in between on the nice days, probably only wear jeans or pants 20 or so timees a year. but thats just me and thats what happens when you move from Buffalo, NY to NC. ;D
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline accur8shot

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »
I have a Triad Ankle Holster with boot extension.  It's a good rig.  I only use it in the odd instance where I want a back up gun, but as far as ankle holsters go it's good.  I will say this - if you don't have loose leg holes, your gun is going to bulge out.  
Walther PPS * S&W 642 * CZ75D PCR * Intratec Tec-9 * FN Herstal TPS Shotgun * FN SCAR 16S * S&W M&P15 * LWRC M6A2 * DPMS LR308 * TDI Kriss SBR * Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth * Safari Arms 1911 * Ruger MkIII